Make sure you lock your car!

  • b_on_t
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      My wife had a feeling this morning that she had forgotten to lock up our car and sure enough, she was right. Someone got into it at some point last evening.

      The only thing that is missing is the change from the ashtray (less than $1). All of the car's documentation and other random things are still there, though it appears the thief also rifled through the glove box. Nothing in the trunk was disturbed and it doesn't appear there was an attempt to steal the car itself.

      We're feeling more like, "Darn, should've checked the car before we went to bed last night!" than upset or angry since our loss is pretty much a trifle, but over the years our neighbors haven't been so lucky and had things like car titles, checkbooks and other valuable items snatched after accidentally leaving their vehicles unlocked.

      Just a friendly reminder!

      Brian
      5th and Franklin NE