Re: reflections

  • Mr. Keith Jarrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      Chief Durham,

      Thank you for your frankness.  I would be proud to stand beside of the MPD any day.  But just like a best friend sometimes we disagree on the principals of how to accomplish something. My Mother is 86 now,  and sometimes I have to tell her that disagree too.
      MPD's leadership under Chief Lanier and the rest of this senior command staff is extraordinary in every way. Not only do I treasure the relationship as a community advocate but value the many friendships that have evolved over the years.

      Godspeed,

      Keith

      On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Durham, Alfred (MPD) <Alfred.Durham@...> wrote:

      Greetings Keith,

      Thank you for the kind words of appreciation and gratitude that you have expressed towards the members your police department. Not being the least bashful, you have never hesitated to rebuke us when our services have been less than sublime. Regardless of those reprimands, you have continuously been an advocate for the MPD. I think that I speak for the entire command staff when I say that we are proud to serve the citizenry of this great City. As we enter into year 2012, the bar has once again been raised for the MPD to provide an even greater service to the residents and visitors of the District of Columbia.

      Happy New Year!

      Assistant Chief Alfred Durham

      Executive Officer

      Executive Office of the Chief of Police