Holiday Cheer from MPD

  • Reports, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2011
      In the past month, MPD officers and civilian staff supported over 7,000 area youth with holiday outreach. This includes coat giveaways through a partnership with Operation Warm Coats, as well as holiday parties in each police district, Shop with a Cop, Toys for Tots and an Adopt-a-School program through the Narcotics Branch. Many of these opportunities were made possible through grants from the Washington DC Police Foundation www.dcpolicefoundation.org and the Target Corporation, which has given 5% of its income to communities since 1946.

      {VIDEO} Shop with a Cop: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/12/shop-with-a-cop-gives-kids-a-holiday-opportunity-70652.html

      Office of Community Outreach
      Main Website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov
      Neighborhood Watch: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/NeighborhoodWatch
      Community Outreach: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/CommunityOutreach

      Join Mayor Gray's One City * One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
      "Putting District Residents Back to Work - One Hire at a Time"
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org
    • Debbie Smith-Steiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2011
        I am humbly appreciative of the leadership of MPD under Chief Lanier et al. With that said, keep up the sincere commitment coupled with your dedicated actions that continually show how you really have the best interest of the city at heart, even though this is a paid job LOL. To include, how the Guardian Angels have not hesitated once to be of GREAT assistance to MPD and our Ward especially. Chief, you might want to consider some type of serious awards ceremony for this group, and they don't get paid.

        Mucho love to all and HAPPY 2012.

        BTW, are there activities happening next week or after in recognition of the fallen officers? Maybe this year we can start getting advance notices of all activities held by MPD for public participation.

        Positive change is right around the corner!

        On Dec 29, 2011, at 5:39 PM, "Reports, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.reports@...> wrote:

        > In the past month, MPD officers and civilian staff supported over 7,000 area youth with holiday outreach. This includes coat giveaways through a partnership with Operation Warm Coats, as well as holiday parties in each police district, Shop with a Cop, Toys for Tots and an Adopt-a-School program through the Narcotics Branch. Many of these opportunities were made possible through grants from the Washington DC Police Foundation www.dcpolicefoundation.org and the Target Corporation, which has given 5% of its income to communities since 1946.
        >
        > {VIDEO} Shop with a Cop: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/12/shop-with-a-cop-gives-kids-a-holiday-opportunity-70652.html
        >
        > Office of Community Outreach
        > Metropolitan Police Department
        > Washington, DC 20001
        > Main Website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov
        > Neighborhood Watch: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/NeighborhoodWatch
        > Community Outreach: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/CommunityOutreach
        >
        > Join Mayor Gray's One City * One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
        > "Putting District Residents Back to Work - One Hire at a Time"
        > Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

      • Grogan, Brian (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2011
          Thank you for the kind wishes all at 5D appreciate the supportm. Have a good New Year**
          Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device