December 7th

  • Robert Vinson Brannum
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011

      Dear Neighbors:

      “December 7, 1941—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.” Those words were spoken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt following the unprovoked attack by Japanese military forces.

      Seventy years ago, The USS Arizona and 1,177 of her crew were among the first casualties of the Pacific War; the USS Arizona Memorial stands above the sunken vessel and her fallen sailors, serving as a reminder of their sacrifice and commitment.

      On this 70th anniversary, the National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, the DC Federation of Civic Association, Inc.  joins America to “remember the more than 3,500 Americans killed or wounded during that deadly attack and pay tribute to the heroes whose courage ensured our Nation would recover from this vicious blow.”

      We should always be thankful for their sacrifice and service to America.

      Robert Vinson Brannum
      President, DC Federation of Civic Associations, Inc.