Re: Guardian Angels' Community Walk?

  • David Do
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      Jordan,

      How can we set one of these in the 3D? I would love to do a community walk through of the Park Morton area. Thanks.

      David Do

      On Nov 30, 2011, at 1:26 PM, John Ayala <dcguardianangels@...> wrote:

      Community Safety Walk Report 11-17-2011

      At approximately 2000 hours on November 17th, 2011, Guardian Angels Jordan "Spartacus" Estrada, Gerald "Bic Mac" McFadden, Corey "The Proffessor" Kauffman, and one Guardian Angel recruit met up with seven members of the Bates Street and Hannover Street communities at 1st and O streets NW. We were shortly joined by four members of the MPD Mountain Bike Division. After discussing and sharing information regarding recent events in the community, we commenced the safety patrol.

      Over the next two hours, we proceeded to conduct a thorough patrol of the areas between Bates street and New York Avenue, and New Jersey Avenue and North Capitol Street. We specifically patrolled all alley ways connecting streets and in between buildings. We conducted a thorough examination of the area surrounding  the abandoned Sursum Corda Community library, looking for drug paraphenalia or signs of breaking and entering. We also patrolled the streets surrounding the Dunbar Highschool and recreational areas; keeping a watch out for any illicit after-hours activity.

      At approximately 2115 hours, we were joined by Chapter Leader John "Unique" Ayala and Angel Mark "M" Morgan. Chapter Leader Ayala spoke to the gathered community members, applauding them for their proactive involvement and encouraging them to continue keeping their streets safe.

      At approximately 2200 hours, we returned to 1st and O streets, where the patrol was disbanded without further incident.

      Next Community Safety Walk Dec. 2, 2011 at 8 PM.

      Jordan "Spartacus" Estrada
      Guardian Angel Patrol Leader
      1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
      Washington, DC 20005