RE: [MPD-5D] Another Break In near 22nd & Franklin

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2011

      Apollo,

      According to our reported burglaries, there have been three such burglaries in the past 90 days in this area.  One was August the 30th in the 2200 block of Evarts, the next was on October 5 in the 2600 block of 22nd St , and the most recent was in the 2200 block of Evarts on November 18.

      I am including the detective supervisors and they can provide any leads or updates on any of the three cases.

      There does not appear to be any noticeable pattern to these burglaries, but in response to an increase last spring and summer in burglaries throughout 5D, all our officers were told to patrol the alleys on their beats, particularly during regular workday hours when most burglaries occur.

      There has been a slight drop of 6% in burglaries in this PSA compared to last year for the most recent thirty day period, but overall they have increased this year.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
      “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

      Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!