Burglary

  • Thembi Butler
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
      Just wanted to alert the neighborhood to a burglary.  Someone broke into our house on 2nd ST NE (between Seaton and S ST NE) by kicking in the front door frame sometime between 11 am and 3 pm.   According to our tenant, electronics were taken and the liquor cabinet was emptied.  Cash was taken, drawers emptied/furniture overturned, etc.

      This is particularly shocking to me since that door faces a busy street, and it happened in broad daylight.

    • Prep228dc
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
        The exact same thing has happened to me on 24th St. NE twice in last 4 months. Once in July and again this month....kicked in front door in middle of the day....ransacked house....and had enough time to apparently make several trips with everything easily resellable to their vehicle.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Nov 22, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Thembi Butler <thembi_butler@...> wrote:

        Just wanted to alert the neighborhood to a burglary.  Someone broke into our house on 2nd ST NE (between Seaton and S ST NE) by kicking in the front door frame sometime between 11 am and 3 pm.   According to our tenant, electronics were taken and the liquor cabinet was emptied.  Cash was taken, drawers emptied/furniture overturned, etc.

        This is particularly shocking to me since that door faces a busy street, and it happened in broad daylight.

      • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013

          On Sunday, February 17, 2013, at approximately 8:45 am, a residence in the 1200 block of Newton Street, NW , was burglarized.  The homeowner was present at the time of the offense, however was unaware of the crime until he responded to the downstairs portion of the dwelling.  At that time it was discovered that an unknown suspect(s) had forced open the front door and stolen items from within.  The victim’s vehicle was also taken in the offense but located abandoned a short distance away.

          The suspect is described as a black male possibly in his mid 20’s, last seen wearing a black coat with a hood, a black “RG III” skull cap, and riding a red bicycle.

          We are asking residents to please call 911 immediately if you observe an individual similar to this description.

          Thank You

          Capt. J. Brown

          5th District

          (202) 698-0288

          Visit
          www.Grade.DC.gov

        • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013

            Yes.  My apologies.  This occurred in the NE section of the Fifth District.

            Thanks

            Is it possible you meant 1200 Newton Street, NE ?

            Bobby Pittman

[...]

            Robert Pittman
            PSA 104 Co-Coordinator
            PSA 104 Neighborhood Public Safety Meetings
            2nd Tuesdays at Sherwood Recreation Center 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM

            Parking and Bike Racks Available onsite

            Come, Bring A Neighbor and a Friend

            Learn About Neighborhood Watch,Neighborhood Walk and Business Watch
            http://PSA104.blogspot.com (under development)
            CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message, together with any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed.
            It may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this item in error, please notify the original sender and destroy this item, along with any attachments. Thank you.