Re: [MPD-5D] Special thanks

  • Debbie Smith Steiner
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      It goes without saying, "You and your team deserve the recognition". And to the Guardian Angels: "You have truly made a positive impact on the community with the service you bring". Kudos to all.

      On Nov 2, 2011 9:56 PM, Solberg, Andrew (MPD) <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

      All of us here at the Fifth District would like to thank all
      of you who attended or in any other way supported the terrific Awards Banquet
      that the 5D Citizen’s Advisory Council (CAC) hosted last Thursday,
      October 27, 2011.

      The event was a wonderful occasion for the community to
      celebrate and recognize the outstanding work of the officers assigned to the
      Fifth District, and to give special recognition to 17 of our best officers as “Officer
      of the Year” in the areas where they work.  An 18th award
      was given to the Chair of the 5D CAC, Mr. Robert Brannum, for his service to the
      community and to the MPD, and another to Mrs. Frances Penn, who received the Frank
      Braxton Award for outstanding community leadership.

      The Frank Braxton Award is named after a long-time member of
      the 5D CAC and a life-long supporter of the Fifth District and the MPD.  Mr.
      Braxton continues to be an inspiration to many of us who look to him as a
      pioneer of the police-community partnerships that have grown and flourished
      over the past several years.

      I also want to thank the entire CAC for their tireless
      efforts to bring the ceremony to fruition and in particular to the Chair of the
      Awards Banquet Committee, Mr. Jim Barry.

      Thanks to all of you for your kind support.  It means a
      great deal to our officers to know they have your love and support.

      We look forward to seeing you next year!

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs
      Campaign
      “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a
      Time”
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

      Support the DC One Fund Campaign, Each One Give
      One.
      Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City,
      Working Together!
    • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)