More special thanks

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011

      I want to acknowledge and thank all of the MPD members, community partners, and in particular our Fifth District Community Outreach Coordinator, Ms. Fayette Vaughn-Lee and her MPD colleague, Sergeant Michael Boyd, and Ms. Jean Mason, Manager of the Arboretum Community Center, for all the work that went into building, decorating, and staffing the Fifth District’s Halloween Haunted House at the Arboretum Community Center over the past weekend.

      We’d like to give special recognition to the DC Department of Parks and Recreation for assisting us and allowing us to use the Center, and to Clark Construction Company for generously donating much of the materials needed to build the Haunted House.

      Many thanks to the volunteers from Greater DC Cares and from the The Scene nightclub, to Manna Housing, and to Reverend Edgar Williams, all of whom provided help, advice, and support without which the Haunted House would not have been built.

      Long hours went into making this project a great event for kids and families, and we appreciate all that you did.

      Thanks,

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
      “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
      Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

      Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!