Re: [MPD-5D] Neighborhood walk with the Guardian Angels

  • David Bonelli
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2011
      Kimberly: I appreciate your email and frustration.  I was robbed a few weeks ago on 1st street NW in broad daylight at 12 pm at a four way stop sign with cars all around.  It was absurd.  I called the police right away and urge others to always contact the police for suspicious behavior.  The more reporting, the more aware police can be.  I do feel that is happening more often.

      On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Kimberly Niono <kimberlyniono@...> wrote:

      I appreciate the Angels, however what can we do to get more and consistent police presence? Residents in Georgetown are not forced to walk around their neighborhood to fend off criminals and we should not either.

      I mean these folks are drug dealers and criminals. We can become targets in our own living space. After visiting a community meeting, I was told that the reason Georgetown gets a bigger presence is they call the police more often-- sort of like the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

      I call the police and correspond with the police via email. And i see plenty of concerns voiced on this group. I must say that it is disheartening to see gangs of drunks and addicts hang on the corner, watch men pull their penis' out and pee right on the avenue. I dare to say, it would not happen so freely in Georgetown-- at least not for long. If they are this brazen, it is because they know the presence is small around here. Just imagine what is happening in the alleys if they are this brazen in the open!

      I beg for a more consistent presence. It can not be sporadic else these criminals know they can return after the big light is gone.

      Sent from Kimberlys iPad

      On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:59 PM, "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...> wrote:

      I wanted to say thank you the Guardian Angels for coming out.
      There was a good turnout for the walk tonight and I hope more people in neighborhood can make it out with us in the future.
      It was a great way for people in the neighborhood to get together and meet.
      There is another walk scheduled for next week on Thursday.

      Chris