Re: Vacant/Abandoned House

  • MarkS
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
      A neighbor relayed this information to me:

      The house on the corner of 24th and Randolph has had a application for a permit to raise the house on file since March of this year. The permit request has been posted in the front window of the house. The owner is demolishing. Not sure what is planned for the spot.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2011

        Thanks for the follow up, Mark S.

        Andy Solberg

        Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
        “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
        Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

        Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!

        A neighbor relayed this information to me:

        The house on the corner of 24th and R andolph has had a application for a permit to raise the house on file since March of this year. The permit request has been posted in the front window of the house. The owner is demolishing. Not sure what is planned for the spot.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, " Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

        > We can pass along to dcra to see if they can get it boarded up. I have
        copied Director Majette.

        > Cathy L. Lanier
        > Chief of Police
        > Washington ,
        w:st="on">D.C.
        > (202) 727-4218
        >

        > On Oct 21, 2011, at 11:01 AM, "MarkS"
        <dubdlux@...<mailto:dubdlux@...>> wrote:

        > This probably isn't the right group for this, but I'm not sure where else
        to check... 2300 blk R andolph St. NE (corner of 24th and R andolph ) appears to be recently vacated/abandoned. In the last 2 weeks or so the building has fallen into disrepair nearly on a daily basis - there are numerous missing upstairs windows (and frames), the electric meter is disconnected and most recently chunks of siding have been pulled off. My concern is it's starting to look like a place where people could conceivably be squatting, not to mention being a potential fire trap waiting to go up. Is there anything that can be done?

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mark on R andolph
        > (exact address sent to Commander)
        >

        > Join Mayor Gray’s One
        City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
        > “Putting District R esidents
        Back to Work â€" One Hire at a Time”
        > Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org
        >
        > Support the DC One Fund Campaign, Each One Give One.
        > Learn more at www.dconefund.org<http://www.dconefund.org>
        or www.onefund.dc.gov<http://www.onefund.dc.gov>. One City, Working Together!

      • shirley smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2011

          Thanks, the DCRA know about this house.

          We have complained for the past four years. Because it has been vacant so long it is beginning to deteriorate fast.

          ANC Commissioner 5A09

          Shirley Rivens Smith, President

          US Africa Sister Cities Foundation, Inc.

          DC-Dakar

          2000 Upshur St., NE

          Washington, DC 20018

          www.usasc.org