Please feel free to share. All traffic information is updated here http://ddot.dc.gov/traffic primarily during the day Monday thru Friday especially thru am rush. The information was previously posted on the site above in addition to being sent out on The HSEMA Alerts, if not signed up please sign up for the Alerts @ http://hsema.dc.gov Thanks! Eric
MPD/DDOT Release re: USMC Closures
Arlington Portion of USMC Marathon
Here are the complete closures including DC, Arlington and National Park Service Roadways in regards to the USMC Marathon scheduled for Sunday October 30th. This information should be sent out to the public. Thanks!
The Arlington County Police Department will close numerous streets in Arlington on Sunday, October 30, for the 36th Annual Marine Corps Marathon. The race begins at 8 a.m. on Route 110. Extra security measures will also be in place. Residents and motorists can expect delays and should allow extra travel time in those areas.
These roads in Arlington will be affected at the following times:
4:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Eastbound Washington Boulevard will be closed at I-395 towards Memorial Bridge.
4:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Route 110 will be closed in both directions to all traffic.
N. Meade Street will be closed from Fairfax Drive to Marshall Drive
There will be no access to Lynn Street or Meade Street from Route 50.
N. Lynn Street, from Route 50 to N. 19th Street, will be closed.
Ft. Myer Drive will be closed from 19th Street to Route 50.
N. Moore Street, from 19th Street to Wilson Boulevard, will be closed.
Wilson Boulevard will be closed east of N. Nash Street.
4:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Westbound Washington Boulevard from Memorial Circle to I-395 will be closed.
7:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
Eastbound Lee Highway, from Kirkwood Road to N. Lynn Street will be closed.
Westbound Lee Highway, from N. Scott Street to Kirkwood Road will be closed to thru traffic (local traffic will have egress by taking Scott Street to Veitch Street. Citizens leaving the area can use westbound Lee Highway to Spout Run and exit the area via the George Washington Parkway).
7:15 a.m. - 12:00 noon
The Key Bridge will be closed.
7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The southbound I-395 HOV lanes from Washington, D.C. will be closed.
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
12th Street South from Eads Street to Crystal Drive (local traffic permitted in one lane from Eads Street to Army Navy Drive) Traffic is encouraged to avoid this route as intermittent closures will occur. Use S. 15th Street to access hotels.
Crystal Drive will be closed from 12th Street to 23rd Street.
Rotary Road will be closed throughout Pentagon South parking.
Columbia Pike will be closed at Joyce Street (access Pentagon via Boundary Channel).
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Army Navy Drive will be closed from Fern Street to S. 12th Street.
For more information on road closures in Arlington, please call the Arlington Police Department's special events hotline 703-228-4147.
National Park Service Portion of USMC Marathon
George Washington Memorial Parkway Closures for the 36th U.S. Marine Corps Marathon DC-VA-MD Marathon; Sunday, October 30th
McLean, VA -- The 36th U.S. Marine Corps Marathon takes place on and near national parkland, and requires temporary road closures beginning as early as 4:00 a.m. The National Park Service, (NPS) and the United States Park Police (USPP), report the following roads will be closed to accommodate visitor use for this event on Sunday, October 30th, 2011. These road closures will impact traffic patterns on the George Washington Memorial Parkway (GWMP). Estimated times and road closures are as follows:
4:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the following closures will be in effect:
· Memorial Bridge
· Route 110 from I-66 to U.S. Highway 1
· Marshall Drive from North Meade Street to Route 110
· Route 110 ramp from Washington Boulevard to Route 110
4:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the following closures will be in effect:
· North Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Lynn Street
· Wilson Boulevard from North Nash Street to Route 110
· Lynn Street from North Meade Street to Lee Highway
· Ft. Myer Drive from North Meade Street to Lee Highway
· North Moore Street from Wilson Boulevard to Lee Highway
· 19th Street North from Lynn Street to North Nash Street
7:23 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Lee Highway eastbound from Lynn Street to North Kirkwood Street
7:30 a.m. to 9:25 a.m. Spout Run Parkway from Lee Highway to the GWMP
7:30 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. GWMP from Spout Run to Key Bridge off ramp
7:30 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. Francis Scott Key Bridge (all lanes)
For more road closures throughout Washington, D.C. and Arlington areas check www.marinemarathon.com
Variable message boards will be put in place three days in advance to alert drivers in this area of the impending closures. Every effort is being made to minimize traffic delays during this popular event.
DC Portion of USMC Marathon
This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 30, 2011. The race begins at 8:00 am in Arlington, Virginia, and then crosses the Potomac River into the District of Columbia. The Metropolitan Police Department in conjunction with US Park Police will close numerous streets along the race route beginning at 6:00 am and should reopen them by 1:30 pm:
- Francis Scott Key Bridge
- Canal Road, NW – from M Street to Reservoir Road
- Reservoir Road, NW – from MacArthur Boulevard to Canal Road
- MacArthur Boulevard – from Foxhall Road to Reservoir Road
- Foxhall Road, NW – from Canal Road to MacArthur Boulevard
- M Street, NW – from Canal Road to Wisconsin Avenue
- Wisconsin Avenue, NW – from M Street to K Street
- K Street, NW – from Wisconsin Avenue to Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway
- Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway, NW - from K Street to Independence Avenue
- Memorial Bridge
- West Potomac Park
- East Potomac Park (access to Golf Course and Tennis Courts available)
- Maine Avenue, SW – from East Basin Drive to Independence Avenue
- Independence Avenue, SW – from Maine Avenue to Ohio Drive
- Ohio Drive, SW – between Independence Avenue and Lincoln Circle
- Lincoln Circle – from Ohio Drive, SW to Henry Bacon Drive, NW
- 23rd Street, NW – from Lincoln Circle to Constitution Avenue
- Constitution Avenue, NW – from Henry Bacon Drive to 15th Street
- 15th Street – from Constitution Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- 17th Street – from Constitution Avenue, NW to Independence Avenue, SW
- Madison Drive, NW – from 15th Street to 3rd Street
- 3rd Street, NW – from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Independence, SW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – from 3rd Street to East Capitol Circle
- 1st Street – Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Maryland Avenue, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW – from South Capitol Circle to 3rd Street
- Jefferson Drive, SW – from 3rd Street to 15th Street
- 14th Street, SW – from Jefferson Drive to Northbound HOV lanes
- HOV lanes – from 14th Street, SW to HOV ramp at South Eads Street
Note: A course map as well as additional information regarding street closures in Arlington County
is posted at www.marinemarathon.com, the official race website.
Police will reopen the roadways as soon as possible, provided doing so does not interfere with
Metrorail will begin service at 5:00 am on Sunday, October 30, 2011. Due to traffic delays,
race participants and spectators are highly encouraged to use public transportation.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.
Homeland Security Emergency Management Agency
202-727-6161 (HSEMA Based)
Eric.Hauser@... (Best by E-Mail)
http://ddot.dc.gov/traffic (Site Updated Daily)
P Please consider the environment before printing this email, Thanks!
Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
“Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org
Support the DC One Fund Campaign, Each One Give One.