Light Towet at Uhland Terrrace and 2nd St NE Tuesday night

  • ijshere
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011
      MPD,

      Could you provide some insight as to why the Light Tower was operational at the intersection of Uhland Terrance and 2nd St NE Tuesday night? We live on the block of 2nd St and were suprised to it.

      Thanks

      Ian on 2nd St
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011

        We move it around from spot to spot, mostly where we have gotten requests from the community or where we have had specific crime issues.

        Andy Solberg

        Join Mayor Gray’s One City • One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
        “Putting District Residents Back to Work – One Hire at a Time”
        Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org

        Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov.  One City, Working Together!

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011
          Understand, Cmdr Solberg. Thanks for keeping an eye out for us. There has been a good bit of loitering on that specific corner.

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

          > We move it around from spot to spot, mostly where we have gotten requests from the community or where we have had specific crime issues.
          >
          > Andy Solberg
          >

          > Join Mayor Gray's One City * One Hire - 10,000 Jobs Campaign
          > "Putting District Residents Back to Work - One Hire at a Time"
          > Learn more at http://onecityonehire.org
          >
          > Support the DC One Fund Campaign, Each One Give One.
          > Learn more at www.dconefund.org<http://www.dconefund.org> or www.onefund.dc.gov<http://www.onefund.dc.gov>. One City, Working Together!

          • Chris Kelly
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2011
              It was at the intersection of Hanover and North Cap last week too, and we definately DO NOT want it at this end of the block, the generator makes too much noise and the light shines right into our bedrooms windows....my neighbor is a Metro driver, another works for animal control, they have to get up at 4am to go to work and they did not appreciate losing sleep with that thing outside our houses.

              We went through this two years ago with Cmdr. Greene, he said if we did not want it, MPD would not place it at this end of the block.

              Seems like lots of other neighbors want it. let them have it.

              Please, no light tower here.

              Chris Kelly
              dcreardon@...