Busy night.

  • Craig, Donald (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2006
      Okay here's an update.

      Last night there was a homicide in the 2000 block of 3rd Street N.E. The decedant was the target and we made an arrest for Carrying a Pistol Without a License. The case should be closed out rather quickly on the homicide charge.

      Then we had an Armed Carjacking at 24th and Perry Place N.E. About an hour later the vehicle was spotted at 4th and Franklin Street and fled from our officers. The stayed witht eh car until the suspects bailed out int he Third District. One arrest was made but the other suspect(s) got away. We are checking to see if they are related to the robberies and carjacking that occurred yesterday.

      Then there was an attempt robbery in the 3100 block of Rhode Island Avenue N.E. The complainant was shot and then drove himself to the hospital. If anyone has any information about this please send Lieutenant Hughes an e-mail.

      Finally Officers Oden and Hinton answered a call for a Theft from Auto at 123 W Street N.W. They caught the subject in the act and tried to arrest him but he resisted. During the struggle Officer Hinton was injured (nothing too serious though). They finally were able to handcuff him. He was charged with Assaulting a Police Officer and First Degree Theft.

      That's about it for now. Take care all.

      Lt. Craig

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2006
        Lt Craig

        which street in 3d did the suspects bail out.
        thanks.

        I was awoken around 1:30am last night (Sunday) by what I thought to be
        4-5 gunshots and then 4-5 return gunshots coming from either the unit
        block of Hanover or O street.  Did anyone else hear this? Can the
        police provide any information on any reported activity in the area
        around that time?

        Thanks in advance.

        Policing for Prevention
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Policing for Prevention
        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2006
          They bailed out at Calvert and Rock Creek Park