Wheatley Trash

  • ivanakhanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2005
      Hi, I live on Neal across from Wheatley ES. The school is supposed
      to be undergoing renovations (though they havn't worked on it in over
      a year). My question is about the amount of trash that is littering
      the property. At one point there were piles of trash on the
      dumpster, and I managed to get someone from DCPS to come out and
      removed the trash, however they didn't clean up the rest of the trash
      on the property. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting someone
      from DCPS to come out and clean it, and maintain it. Though it's not
      in use, the buses still pick the students up and drop them off, and
      the trash is concentrated in the areas where the students walk and
      wait. There are also vehicles locked in the parking lot. This is
      still school system property, so don't they have to maintain it?
      Thanks,
      Ivana
    • Burke, Patrick (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
        Ivana, when we meet with the CORE team this week, i'll bring it to the attention of the DPW person in attendance. Thanks.

        Captain Patrick A. Burke
        Fifth District, MPDC
        Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!

        Office: 202 727-4488
        Pager: 888 523-7099