Gang Graffiti on Abandoned Truck

  • Patrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006
      Up until Friday, there was an abandoned U-Haul truck that was parked across from the Developing Families Center at 17th & I Streets SE.  Prior to it's removal, a gang tag (21st Street Gang I believe) appeared on the back doors.  Can someone tell me what happened to this vehicle and if the gang tag was previously reported?  The truck had SC tags.

      Thanks.

      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

      If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
      -James Madison

      "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
      -Howard Zinn, Historian

      ME: http://www.speedbumps.org         MASSAGE: http://www.capitolhillmassage.org
      AIM: aRodeoJock                       Yahoo: aRodeoJock

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006
        The same markings appear on the property located at the corner of First
        and Bates...on the side of the front steps and the stokade fence.
        Pictures of this were available for the police and the Ward 5 Service
        Coordinator to see at the last Bates Area Civic Association Meeting.

        Within the past week, some thugs have spraypainted graffiti in the
        alley that runs in-between Q and Bates NW. It is the alley that runs
        from First to Third NW. It is mostly on the east end of the alley.
        It's on the sides of houses (including 111 Bates), on fences along
        Bates and even spraypainted on one driveway (114 Q).
        The markings include "1NO" and "NCO." Seems to me that these would
        indicate gang activity and the police would want to know.
        I have also reported this to city services for removal, but won't
        expect that to happen for a couple of months. :(

        Policing for Prevention
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006

          Good afternoon all:

          The Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Office has forwarded this complaint to the Graffiti removal team who should be addressing this matter in a timely manner.  We do asked that you continue to call (202) 727-1000 to report when you see signs of graffiti so it can be removed quickly, and also to send a message to those who are defacing city and private properties, we will not stand for this in our community.

          Francine P. Edmonds

          Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

          Office of Neighborhood Services

          64 New York Avenue NE,

          Room 4100

          Washington, DC 20002

          (202) 671-0726

          (202) 671-0728 (Fax)

          francine.edmonds@...

          To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit www.src.dc.gov

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006
            What would we do without Francine Edmonds??

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)"
            <francine.edmonds@...> wrote:

            > Good afternoon all:
            >
            > The Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Office has forwarded this
            complaint to the
            > Graffiti removal team who should be addressing this matter in a
            timely
            > manner. We do asked that you continue to call (202) 727-1000 to
            report when
            > you see signs of graffiti so it can be removed quickly, and also
            to send a
            > message to those who are defacing city and private properties, we
            will not
            > stand for this in our community.
            >
            > Francine P. Edmonds
            > Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
            > Office of Neighborhood Services
            > 64 New York Avenue NE,
            > Room 4100
            > Washington, DC 20002
            > (202) 671-0726
            > (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
            > francine.edmonds@... <mailto:francine.edmonds@...>
            >
            > To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit
            > <http://www.src.dc.gov> www.src.dc.gov

            Behalf Of

            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D> "
            > on the web.

            > _____

          • Paul Meyers
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2006
              there is also a bunch of grafitti in the alley at First and O streets along a rowhouse on o street.  Probably the same grafitti.

              <francine.edmonds@...> wrote:

              > Good afternoon all:

              > The Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Office has forwarded this
              complaint to the
              > Graffiti removal team who should be addressing this matter in a
              timely
              > manner.  We do asked that you continue to call (202) 727-1000 to
              report when
              > you see signs of graffiti so it can be removed quickly, and also
              to send a
              > message to those who are defacing city and private properties, we
              will not
              > stand for this in our community.

              > Francine P. Edmonds
              > Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
              > Office of Neighborhood Services
              > 64 New York Avenue NE,
              > Room 4100
              > Washington, DC 20002
              > (202) 671-0726
              > (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
              > francine.edmonds@... <mailto:francine.edmonds@...>

              > To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit
              > <http://www.src.dc.gov> www.src.dc.gov

            • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2006
                Good morning:

                Please call 727-1000 giving them the address to where the grafitti is so
                that the owner can be sent a waiver to sign authorizing the city to remove
                it from there premises.

                <francine.edmonds@...> wrote:

                > Good afternoon all:
                >
                > The Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Office has forwarded this
                complaint to the
                > Graffiti removal team who should be addressing this matter in a
                timely
                > manner. We do asked that you continue to call (202) 727-1000 to
                report when
                > you see signs of graffiti so it can be removed quickly, and also
                to send a
                > message to those who are defacing city and private properties, we
                will not
                > stand for this in our community.
                >
                > Francine P. Edmonds
                > Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
                > Office of Neighborhood Services
                > 64 New York Avenue NE,
                > Room 4100
                > Washington, DC 20002
                > (202) 671-0726
                > (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
                > francine.edmonds@... <mailto:francine.edmonds@...>
                >
                > To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit
                > < http://www.src.dc.gov> www.src.dc.gov

                _____

                New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
                big.

                Policing for Prevention

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group " MPD-5D" on the web.

                Service.

                _____