Re: [MPD-5D] NY and North Cap Jay walking

  • DCReardon@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2006
      We have been told for quite a while that the pedestrian light there would be lengthened, and that a crossing guard would be posted during to and from school times, but so far neither have been done.  My SO is in a nonpower wheelchair, and no way can he get across in the "legal" time allotted at that intersection.  We need a longer light cycle and also a crossing guard, hordes of kids go through their on their way to and from school every day.  Many people have been hit at this intersection.

      In a message dated 4/5/2006 11:17:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, caro_alcuaz@... writes:
      Dear MPD,

      Thank you for issuing tickets to jay walkers (at least this wednesday, around 11).  I always worry about the kids especially (who sometimes jay walk with adult companions!).  Were there officers here this morning when the kids go to school?  I hope they'll be around when they get out of school as well.

      Thank You very much!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS