Re: 17th and Franklin Street NE

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2011
      Mr. Hewitt,

      We'll take a look and see if greater enforcement will be helpful.

      I know the intersection, and don't think it is so much an enforcement issue as one which needs re-designing through traffic engineering, as you indicate in your message.

      In any case we will see how we can help in the immediate future.

      5D supervisors, let's see what we can do here to make an impact.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      If you SEE something, SAY something.  Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurredCall 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.

      Join the District’s Observance of the 10th Anniversary of  9/11 -  http:///www.september11.dc.gov

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
        Many near collisions have occurred at this dangerous intersection. Thank you to the original poster for making this request for a traffic device at 17th and Franklin, NE.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Sep 6, 2011, at 6:43 PM, "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <hthomas@...> wrote:

        Thanks for the email I live at 17 th and Montana and agree we need to find a solution to this intersection and will continue to follow up.

        Sent from my Harry2010 iPad
        excuse typos sent from my iPad from the field”
        Building Stronger Communities Together