RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Drug Dealing on First Street NW

  • Craig, Donald (MPD)
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
      Okay. I'm going to answer a few things in this e-mail.

      First I'll let you know about Saturday night. It was a domestic situation that escalated with friends of the persons involved taking sides and it escalated into two different incidents where arrests were made. There weren't any injuries to any citizens or officers but it took us a while to break up the crowds the two times we had to go out.

      Second as far as the drug dealing on first street goes. I will pass the information along the to day and evening tours so that the foot beat officers can hang in the area a little more. Any information like where they stash drugs is so helpful. If we can get their stash we disrupt their business. Also I have placed a request in to have a drug free zone in the area for April. Further a request will be made to have redeployment and or power shift units to conduct some traffic safety check points in the area.

      I would like to close by saying that we are open 24 horus a day but we can't be everywhere all the time. The citizens must be our eyes and ears. Without you it is very very difficult to even make a dent in criminal activity. The help about where the drugs are stashed is key information to help us in disrupting and even stopping the dealing in the area. Also don't be afraid to call 311 when they are hanging around. We must answer each call that comes in so if you call and it gets to us we must come out. Be very specific with information when you call. Descriptions and locations for the stash. The more information we get the easier it is to shut them down.

      I hope this helps. If you have any infomration or additional questions you can e-mail me at Donald.Craig@....

      Lt. Craig

      ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2006
          Last night around midnight Officers Glenn and Heraud made an arrest for Possession with the Intent to Distribute Cocaine in the 1500 block of First Street N.W. They seized drugs money and a vehicle. The case will be presented to the US Attorney's Office on Monday.

          I will keep you posted on any additional activity in the area.

          Lt. Craig

          ________________________________
        • Tobias Kienle
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 9, 2006
            Thanks for the information, & the great work you guys
            are doing! There's been alot of encouraging news
            lately that real progress is being made.

            Toby

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Henderson, Kathy (DYRS)
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10, 2006

              Great job!

              Last night around midnight Officers Glenn and Heraud made an arrest for Possession with the Intent to Distribute Cocaine in the 1500 block of First Street N.W.   They seized drugs money and a vehicle.  The case will be presented to the US Attorney's Office on Monday.

              I will keep you posted on any additional activity in the area.

              Lt. Craig

              Policing for Prevention
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • MJ
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
                You can also purchase drugs on lincoln rd (between North Capitol and
                Rhode Island) right next to a community center, Emery homeless
                shelter, and Emery elementary school and Mckinley Tech highschool
                during the day and night. Its been picking up during the warmer
                weather and especially at night.

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Paul Meyers <pdmlar@...> wrote:

                > 1401, 1405, 1409, 1411 and 1417 are all locations where they hide
                their stash. >
                > Shotokan8 <Shotokan8@...> wrote: FYI, one of the stash locations
                of one the drug dealers is located
                > under the bushes in front of 1411 1st St NW.
                >
                > During the day, while the dealing is in full effect, he goes back
                and
                > forth from under the bushes (the right most one) in front of the
                > CLOSED OFF HOUSE and handing it off to 'patrons' who in retun hand
                him
                > what looks like $10-20 (i think).
                >
                > Is that enough detail to actually catch someone?

                Service.