Re: [MPD-5D] Report Downed Power Lines to 202-872-3432 (PEPCO) or 911

  • Katie Fullenkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2011
      Do we report all downed lines to Pepco or only lines that we know are power? The tree behind my building uprooted and took out several lines. Everyone in our building still has power, so I think they are other lines. However, there are several lines down in the back parking area and elsewhere in our alley. I don't know exactly what kind as I luckily still have power, cable and internet. Who do I call for these?
      Thank you,
      Katie Fullenkamp

      On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM, <mspryce7@...> wrote:

      I've report to Pepco that we have down lines on the 2900 block of Yost Pl. NE. When I called back today there was no record of it and I had to resubmit the order/request. This time I'm told it will be treated as an Emergency. How was it classified yesterday when I called and was given an order number and "helpful tips" to stay away from the lines!? Ugh.

      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

      From: "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...>
      Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:08:50 -0400
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Report Downed Power Lines to 202-872-3432 (PEPCO) or 911

      Downed power lines can kill! Please report them immediately to 9-1-1 and Pepco's Hotline for Downed Wires 202-872-3432.

      Thx
      Sent from my Blackberry.

      “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
      Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
      For more information visit
      www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311