accident at 2nd and S

  • William Haley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 6:24 PM
      to answer the question to #10 about the block being taped off, there was a very major accident at the intersection of Second and S involving four vehicles.   Some significant injuries to the folks in a car that was struck.  Driver ran away...I'd like to know if the driver was caught.   The quickness of the emergency personnel presence was excellent

      What can be done about people speeding down 2nd Street?  I live on the 200 block of S, and am concerned.  The skid marks from the driver's van were 30-40 yards long.

      Bill Haley

      MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 10 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. BKG Suggestions and MPD Feedback Thanks
      From: "David Gaines"
      2. Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: "Patrick Nelson"
      3. Re: Police Presence
      From: John Galt
      4. Re: Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: NewsDC1@...
      5. Re: Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: Kerri Sheehan
      6. RE: Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: "Vaughn-Lee, Fayette \(MPD\)"
      7. RE: Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)"
      8. Orange Hat Patrol on April 22nd
      From: "mpd5d_coordinator"
      9. Re: Neighborhood Listservs?
      From: kalston266@...
      10. 2nd St NE (between S & R Sts)
      From: "tmanago538"

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:25:17 -0000
      From: "David Gaines"
      Subject: BKG Suggestions and MPD Feedback Thanks

      Hey all,
      I just recently moved to 5D and just joined this list-serv. Though
      I have not encountered BKG, I know the antics. In Atlanta, there
      was always someone in need of a few dollars for gas money so he can
      continue his travels to Florida or something like that.

      Anyway, I have a few ideas:

      1. When he asks for money, say, "Oh poor baby! But guess what?
      You're in luck. My bestest friend in the world is a locksmith and
      will get you in your home for free. Let me call him," and dial
      911. I'm sure he'll be gone by time you come back to the door,
      considering, his key isn't broke.

      2. So maybe you can offer him the money and just to be sure he's
      not pulling a scam, offer him a ride to his place and speed like
      hell to the closest police station. Ok, maybe not; tht's kidnapping.

      3. Pretend like you're calling the locksmith for him with your
      camera phone and snap his photo. It may not be an Olan Mills photo,
      but we'll start posting his picture everywhere.

      4. Perhaps my ideas are bit extreme, but let's think outside the
      box. I really think the next person simply needs to say something
      like, "Oh I know you. We talked about you at the last police
      meeting. They're looking for you. Can I get your name?" Let him
      know he's not fooling anyone and the heat is just around the corner.

      ***

      I would like to say I'm impressed with the response from the MPD
      from some of the posts in this user forum. The number one method of
      lifting spirits, be it at work, in the family, relationships of any
      kind, etc. is to provide honest, direct and immediate feedback.
      Studies show when no feedback is given, the majority of the time the
      person looking for feedback will make up his or her own feedback and
      it's almost all the time negative. Go to the doctor, have some
      tests done and not get the results from the doctors in months. You
      will have already signed your will.

      So I reiterate the appreciation for the feedback from MPD on this
      Yahoo! Usergroup. I look forward to reading more positive posts and
      hope BKG finally makes it home - the slammer!

      David Gaines

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:46:02 -0500
      From: "Patrick Nelson"
      Subject: Neighborhood Listservs?

      I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there
      are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
      Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:26:50 -0800 (PST)
      From: John Galt
      Subject: Re: Police Presence

      I just walked my dog past 57 R Street NE at 8:10 this morning.

      It has about 15 U.S. Park Police officers in front of the house, some with big vests on and big M-16-like automatic rifles. They didn't seem to be on alert or anything, but I am still wondering why they were all there.

      Can you provide us with some information MPD?

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:49:35 EST
      From: NewsDC1@...
      Subject: Re: Neighborhood Listservs?

      In a message dated 3/31/06 12:29:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      arodeojock@... writes:

      > I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if
      > there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

      You can find some of them by clicking on the underlined neighborhoods in the
      list on the right-hand side of The Common Denominator's Web site's main page
      at www.thecommondenominator.com.
      --Kathy Sinzinger

      Kathryn M. Sinzinger
      Editor & Publisher
      The Common Denominator
      3609 Georgia Avenue NW, Suite 100
      Washington, D.C. 20010-1634
      (202) 722-6397 (722-NEWS)
      Fax: (202) 722-6335
      NewsDC@... or news@...
      www.thecommondenominator.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:03:53 -0800 (PST)
      From: Kerri Sheehan

      Yes, Yahoo also has a Brookland listserv if you're in Brookland. I'm not sure about other neighborhoods in 5D.

      Kerri

      Patrick Nelson wrote: I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

      Law enforcement Police department

      ---------------------------------

      ---------------------------------

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 6
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:02:51 -0500
      From: "Vaughn-Lee, Fayette \(MPD\)"

      Patrick Nelson wrote:

      I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

      _____

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group " MPD-5D " on the web.

      * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

      _____

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 7
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:26:17 -0500
      From: "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)"

      Good afternoon all,

      There are several Civic groups and ANC's that have listservs that can be
      accessed through Yahoo groups.

      Keep in eye out for several more listservs to be created in the upcoming
      weeks from Ward 5.

      Francine P. Edmonds
      Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
      Office of Neighborhood Services
      64 New York Avenue NE,
      Room 4100
      Washington, DC 20002
      (202) 671-0726
      (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
      francine.edmonds@...

      To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit
      www.src.dc.gov

      Patrick Nelson wrote:

      I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there
      are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

      _____

      New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call
      =39666/*http:/beta.messenger.yahoo.com> regular phones from your PC and
      save big.

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "MPD-5D "
      on the web.

      Terms of Service.

      _____

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 8
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:27:59 -0000
      From: "mpd5d_coordinator"
      Subject: Orange Hat Patrol on April 22nd

      From Tom Fulton, ANC 5C03

      Earth Day is coming upon us as Washington DC Spring 2006 begins!
      A nearby neighbor suggested we host a joint Earth Day-Pick Up Trash/
      Orange Hat Patrol on April 22nd to show our strong community
      solidarity in support of good community police work, and pick up
      litter as we do our part in helping to make our neighborhood even
      more beautiful. This sounds like a great idea. As last year, please
      join myself, and my partner-in-life on Saturday April 22, 2006 @ 9:30
      a.m. in front of St. Martins Church as we walk through the 5C03
      Single Member District, pick up litter, show solidarity for MPD-and
      good neighborhood policing, and say hello to new neighbors. Last
      year I organized this effort for most of the season. It really is a
      great way to join in and make a positive difference---and it can even
      be fun!

      Bring large plastic bags & gloves---and energy!!

      See you on April 22nd @ 9:30 a.m. in front of St. Martin's Church

      Tom Fulton, Commissioner
      5C03
      202-230-9295

      Message: 9
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:29:50 EST
      From: kalston266@...

      There is a Ward 5 Business Group as well.

      If interested in joining please email:

      _ward5businessowners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:ward5businessowners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

      Thanks!

      In a message dated 3/31/2006 2:27:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      francine.edmonds@... writes:

      Good afternoon all,
      There are several Civic groups and ANC's that have listservs that can be
      accessed through Yahoo groups.
      Keep in eye out for several more listservs to be created in the upcoming
      weeks from Ward 5.

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 10
      Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:58:26 -0000
      From: "tmanago538"
      Subject: 2nd St NE (between S & R Sts)

      Today around 1:30pm, 2nd St NE (near McKinley Tech) was taped off. Can
      someone @ 5D shed some light on what happened. I live in the area and
      I am concerned about the increase in crime but decrease in police
      surveillance.

      Thank you!

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/