National Night Out

  • John Ayala
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2011
      The Washington DC Guardian Angels would like to wish you all a safe and fun National Night Out.  We will be all over the city this evening and look forward to seeing you all.

      Today's Washington Post check it out
      guardianangels.org
      ‎(Astrid Riecken/FOR THE WASHINGTON POST) – Guardian Angels, some of them on bikes, are a volunteer law enforcement group that helps D.C. Police to keep order on 18th Street in Adams Morgan by stopping night drifters from jay walking, breaking up fights and patrolling alleys in Adams Morgan.

      John "Unique King" Ayala
      DC Chapter Leader/East Coast Director

      Alliance Of Guardian Angels/DC Chapter
      1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
      Washington, DC 20005
      202-359-0601

      Help us by Donating

      http://guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list/

    • Timothy Clark
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2011
        Hats off to MPD, 5DCAC, Bates Area Civic Association, Hanover Civic Association, Commissioner Pinkney, Commissioner Thomas, Giovani, Tony Lewis, jr., and everyone else that helped make tonights event a success. This event was great for the neighboring communities and Ward 5 as a whole. The bike MBT ride, zumba dancers and other activities where a ton of fun!

        I'm looking forward to next years event!

        Tim Clark
        Commissioner, 5C05
        Chair, ANC5C Finance & Grant Committee
        Chair, ANC5C Smart Growth & Sustainability Committee
        5c05@...
        http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
        Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
        www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org

      • Thomas, Bradley (ANC 5C01)
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
          Thanks Tim.

          “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
          Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
          For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov or call 311

          5c05@...<mailto:5c05@...>
          http://anc5c05.blogspot.com
          Second V.P., Edgewood Civic Association
          www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org<http://www.theedgewoodcivicassociationdc.org>
        • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 20, 2015

          5D Community,

          The countdown begins: National Night Out 2015

          14  days  and 12 hours

          If you have not already done so Mark your Calendars for Tuesday August 4, 2015

          NNO in your Community come get FRESH with 5D

          http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/national-night-out-calendar-activities

        • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
          Message 5 of 12 , Jul 28, 2015

          5D Community,

          We are making big plans for you.  Clear your evening calendar, bring your children, and ask your Neighbors to join you in Celebrating National Night Out with MPD and 5DCAC at Starburst Plaza.  Food and Fun-don’t missed this one.

          GET F.R.E.S.H.

          The Time to Celebrate

          Tuesday, August 4, 2015

          Starburst Plaza

          Bladensburg Road NE @ Benning Road NE and Maryland Ave. NE

          6pm-9pm

          Let our partnerships send the message:

          our neighborhoods are organized and

                                We support local anticrime programs

        • Debbie Steiner
          Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2016
            As an ANC in Ward 5, business owner, and lifelong resident, I must commend Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her leadership and the exceptional job she did at the Brentwood Shopping Center.

            As Brentwood Shopping Center was the gracious host of this year's NNO event, it was filled with great entertainment; reconnection of old friends and making new ones.

            The owner representative from the shopping center was ecstatic to see the Mayor's office there from the beginning to end; our City Administrator showering the crowd with his authenticity; Councilmember McDuffie gave very warm remarks; vendors galore and the entertainment was awesome.

            Several people had inquired about Chief Lanier's presence since she always attends; but she sent a Ward 5 friend - Chief Green.

            Too all who were there,  Michael Meers from Mid City Financial thanks you and so do I !!

            See you next year

            This transmission contains information from Debbie Steiner which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the planned recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately

          • Fitzgerald, William (MPD)
            Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2016
              Great job Fayette! Thank you!

              Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4, 2016
                As a new member of the Ward 5 community, I need to second that praise of Fayette Vaughn-Lee for her support of the First Annual Villages of Dakota Crossing National Night Out celebration.

                Our community was beyond delighted to connect with officers in a relaxed environment. My daughter is still speaking about officer “Peanut Butter and Jelly” PJ. Thank you for going the extra mile to come together with the community this week. The fire truck visit was a highlight of the evening for the children as well.

                Our new community benefitted greatly from the visit from Councilman McDuffie and the honor of Chief Lanier joining our celebration of neighborhood camaraderie. Events like Tuesday night make Ward 5 a great place to live and work.

                To all who participated-thank you!

                Leslie Johnston
                Villages of Dakota Crossing

                On Aug 2, 2016, at 10:31 PM, 'Fitzgerald, William (MPD)' William.Fitzgerald@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Great job Fayette! Thank you!

                Message 9 of 12 , Jul 29
                  We have an exciting program planned that is filled with good food and electrifying entertainment. Be sure to attend the Ward National Night Out celebration on Tuesday, from 6-8 p.m.; the Starburst Plaza is located at the intersection of Bladensburg Rd and Benning Rd NE.

                  All Ward 5 advisory neighborhood commissioners, be sure to arrive by 6:00 p.m.

                  Kathy Henderson, 5D05

                  Sent from my iPhone