Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Supicious Drug Activity at First and O Street

  • John Ayala
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2011

      I will work on deploying some Guardian Angels back to First and O Street, NW.   The best way to get the bad guys to leave is for people from the area to organize become Guardian Angels or Orange Hats and start patrolling the area and posting on First  and O street.  People who perform criminal acts do not want to be in an area where neighbors or seen in the community trying to make a difference.

      John Unique Ayala
      DC Chapter Leader

      Alliance of Guardian Angels
      1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
      Washington DC 20005
      202-359-0601

      Help us by donating
      WWW.guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list

      http://twitter.com/#!/ dcguardianangel

    • jonathan.dorrough
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2011
        I am passing on the below message for Mr. Dixon of SOME. I have been in contact with SOME management for almost two weeks now – an attempt to post this message was made then, but it never made it through.

        I want to thank Mr. Dixon for reaching out to the community and myself to address the problems we've had in this area. I already see some real opportunities to take decisive steps to end the behaviors that have been plaguing the community. Posting 'No Trespassing' signs, for example, is a step in the right direction and helps MPD enforcement tremendously.

        If you see anyone suspicious on SOME property after hours, please dial 911. Also, if you observe any disorderly or offensive behavior in the area, please dial 911. We can address these issues, but we cannot dispatch through the listserv, so please, dial 911.

        Also, in reference to the newspaper container, I have been in touch with DDOT and the Washington Post and the Post has agreed to remove the container. So, hopefully that will be done soon. Thanks to Mark Bjorge at DDOT for assisting.

        Sergeant Jon Dorrough
        Metropolitan Police Department
        Washington, D.C.
        Fifth District

        Dear neighbors:

        SOME's management recently became aware of the postings on this e-list about "suspicious activity in the SOME parking lot near First and O Street." We had not received any prior notice of this activity. Based on the limited information in the postings, we believe the reported activity takes place after work hours. SOME's Main Buildings on O Street do not operate 24/7, and no SOME employees have observed such activity. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, if indirectly. We have contacted Sergeant Durrough and offered our cooperation. As you may have noticed this week, we are locking our rear gate, and we have posted No Trespassing signs.

        If there are specific examples of possibly unlawful activities on SOME's property, we would appreciate your conveying them to the Sergeant and to Don Dixon, SOME's Dining Room Director/Community Liaison at ddixon@.... Please be specific about: days of the week, dates, times, precise location, activity observed, and description of persons observed. This information will assist us in responding appropriately.

        SOME does not tolerate violent or criminal activity on any of its sites, and we have had very good working relationships with the police for many years. We look forward to resolving this matter promptly.

        Don Dixon
        Dining Room Director/Community Liaison
        SOME (So Others Might Eat)
        71 O Street NW
        Washington, DC 20001
      • crknightdc
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2011
          Thank you. Is this the same person we should contact in regards to problems with their other property that is at the deadend of the unit block of Hanover St?

          Robin

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan.dorrough" <Jonathan.Dorrough@...> wrote:

          > I am passing on the below message for Mr. Dixon of SOME. I have been in contact with SOME management for almost two weeks now – an attempt to post this message was made then, but it never made it through.
          >
          > I want to thank Mr. Dixon for reaching out to the community and myself to address the problems we've had in this area. I already see some real opportunities to take decisive steps to end the behaviors that have been plaguing the community. Posting 'No Trespassing' signs, for example, is a step in the right direction and helps MPD enforcement tremendously.
          >
          > If you see anyone suspicious on SOME property after hours, please dial 911. Also, if you observe any disorderly or offensive behavior in the area, please dial 911. We can address these issues, but we cannot dispatch through the listserv, so please, dial 911.
          >
          > Also, in reference to the newspaper container, I have been in touch with DDOT and the Washington Post and the Post has agreed to remove the container. So, hopefully that will be done soon. Thanks to Mark Bjorge at DDOT for assisting.
          >
          > Sergeant Jon Dorrough
          > Metropolitan Police Department
          > Washington, D.C.
          > Fifth District
          >

          > Dear neighbors:
          >
          > SOME's management recently became aware of the postings on this e-list about "suspicious activity in the SOME parking lot near First and O Street." We had not received any prior notice of this activity. Based on the limited information in the postings, we believe the reported activity takes place after work hours. SOME's Main Buildings on O Street do not operate 24/7, and no SOME employees have observed such activity. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, if indirectly. We have contacted Sergeant Durrough and offered our cooperation. As you may have noticed this week, we are locking our rear gate, and we have posted No Trespassing signs.
          >
          > If there are specific examples of possibly unlawful activities on SOME's property, we would appreciate your conveying them to the Sergeant and to Don Dixon, SOME's Dining Room Director/Community Liaison at ddixon@... Please be specific about: days of the week, dates, times, precise location, activity observed, and description of persons observed. This information will assist us in responding appropriately.
          >
          > SOME does not tolerate violent or criminal activity on any of its sites, and we have had very good working relationships with the police for many years. We look forward to resolving this matter promptly.
          >
          > Don Dixon
          > Dining Room Director/Community Liaison
          > SOME (So Others Might Eat)
          > 71 O Street NW
          > Washington, DC 20001

        • norasmithnwdc
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2011
            That is great; I have noticed the same thing time to time during the night. Is there any way you can also bring that big light tower back if at all possible. A lot of these guys hangout on the corner of first and O Street and drink/smoke/deal dope. I have walked by them a couple of times at just the other night one blew smoke at my face and they verbally harassed me; as a single woman I feel far from safe walking home at night. I don't see why I would need to catch a cab home because I'm afraid to walk around my own area at night. I did call the cops that night but they stated a call was already placed to that location. These thugs did not show up on the night out by the police a couple of days ago but showed up the very next day…
            I really think something should be done with that store on the corner, perhaps someone talking with the manager to have them work with the community, maybe they put up a fence or something so people cannot sit along that wall there.

            Nora W