To the Best City in the World!

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011

      Good evening,

      I would like to take a moment to thank fellow members of the community for your ongoing partnerships with the Metropolitan Police Department.  Thanks to you, communication between the Metropolitan Police Department and the community, in my opinion, is better than ever.  As police officers, we gain feedback from you through phone calls, emails, text messages, tip lines, listserv groups, facebook, community meetings and day-to-day interactions.

      I invite you to come out and celebrate our partnerships during tomorrow night’s National Night Out events (Tuesday, August 2nd). We have designed the evening to interact with the people we serve, while beating the heat with cool refreshments.

      Please check our website for an updated list of events to include:

      Ø        Onsite Bike Registration- National Bike Registry & Drawings for a free bike lock. (First District)

      Ø        Court Watch Seminar & Information on Community Impact Statements (Fifth District)

      Ø        FBI Fingerprinting for Children (Second District)

      Ø        Distribution of Neighborhood Watch Beginners’ Guides (Fourth District)

      Ø        Washington Area Bicyclists Association Presentation (Third District)

      Ø        Safety Assessment/Bike Ride with Officers on Metropolitan Branch Trail (Fifth District)

      Ø        Community Baseball Game (Seventh District)

      …and much more.

      We will kick things off at the New Deanwood Recreation Center in the Sixth District with the Mayor, Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes-Norton, the U.S. Attorney and many others.  For more information or the full list of activities, visit our website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/nno

      I look forward to seeing you out.

      Cathy L. Lanier

      Chief of Police

      Metropolitan Police Department

      Washington, DC

      www.mpdc.dc.gov

      “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
      Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
      For more information visit
      www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311

    • Geovani A Bonilla
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011

        We look forward to hosting the 5th District Kick Off Event.  Chief I have a hoola hoop with your name on it. Get ready to hoola in the Wacky Olympics.

        Geovani A. Bonilla

        Bates Area Civic Association

        Email: gbonilla@...

        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

[...]

        Washington , DC

        www.mpdc.dc.gov

        x201C; One City Summer Fun x2026; Something for Everyonex201D;
        Mayor Grayx2019;s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
        For more information visit
        www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311

      • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2011

           Florida and eckington Ne. Two black males traveling east bound on Florida  at approx 0500 on dirt bikes attempted to stop for tractor trailer however one bike slid and rider fell off and slid under the truck and was run over.

          ON CALL MAJOR CRASH IS REQUESTED TO RESPOND TO FLORIDA AVE AND ECKINGOTN PL NE. 5D IS ON THE SCENE WITH A TRACTOR TRAILER THAT ROLLED OVER ON A BICYCLIST. MALE IS UNCONSCIOUS AND NOT BREATHING. UPDATE WILL FOLLOW

          Sent from my Harry2010 iPad
          excuse typos sent from my iPad from the field”
          Building Stronger Communities Together

        • khenderson029@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
            Dear Chief Lanier:

            As a direct result of your leadership citizens throughout our city are enjoying safer communities and have less fear about the threat of crime. We really appreciate all of the hard working women and men that serve and protect our city on your team.

            The Fifth District National Night Out event was amazing, underscoring an excellent turnout and lots of fun for all. I was glad that so many neighbors made the decision to come out and support National Night Out. We even had the pleasure of a visit from Mayor Gray. You are an excellent police chief and have been able to forge strong, lasting and warm relationships throughout our city. Thank you!

            Finally, I encourage neighbors to continue to connect with each other, with our police partners and with our loyal Guardian Angel partners. Last night gave us a glimpse of where we are regarding public safety and where we are headed. I am excited about our future. Let's keep the momentum going!

            Kathy Henderson

            From: "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...>
            Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:55:49 -0400
            To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

[...]

          • sgtsidneypaul
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
              Thank You very much Ms. Henderson in behalf of my peers for your support like always.

            • khenderson029@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                My pleasure Sergeant Paul; thank you for all that you do to make our community safer and more livable.
                We greatly appreciate you and your colleagues.

                Kathy Henderson

                From: "sgtsidneypaul" <sidney.paul@...>
                Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 22:25:50 -0000
                To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: To the Best City in the World!

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
                  Thank you Kathy. We have incredible police officers that have really worked hard to make our City safe. Support from our community is what makes it happen.
                  Cathy Lanier
                  Chief of Police
                  Washington, DC
                  202-727-4218