Supicious Drug Activity at First and O Street

  • tvehunt
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011
      Good Day All and MPD-5D,

      I would like to also thank, the Guardian Angels and the Fifth District Police for coming out by patrolling this area but, as of last night July 28th around 8:00pm these "DRUG THUGS" were out here on the block once again on O Street NW and on the SOME House parking lot peeping back and forth to see either their customers or the police coming around the neighborhood and not to mention that they take their Drug Addict Customers through the alley perhaps behind where the SOME HOUSE is located!!

      As I have mentioned before, something has got to be done about these drug dealers, the SOME HOUSE for not being responsible and also, it would be a great ideal as mentioned by "CKNIGHTDC" to be rid of the newspaper container at the corner of First and O Street NW, it is not being in use except for the the drug dealers and the loitering folks that comes to visit the SOME HOUSE to do nothing but sit on the newstand by drinking alcohol and smoke whatever they are smoking all day long.

      Thank you 5-D for taking care of the situation.
    • teabelly
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011
        seems like that is a perfect place for a "drug free zone" to be established.  that would cut down on loitering and drugs...

        --
        kimberly

        a resident of dc and taxed without representation.

         *       *        *
        -----------------
        -----------------

      • Grogan, Brian (MPD)
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011

          Mr. Hunt

          We will continue focusing assigned beat officers on the area and have also directed Vice to assist with the drug complaints.

          Thank you for your continued partnership with the Guardian Angels and the Fifth District

          Brian Grogan

          Captain

          Fifth District, PSA 501

          1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast 20002

          (202-698-0118 or Cell (202) 506-0694

          brian.grogan@...

          “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
          Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
          For more information visit
          www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011
              I have placed a request with 311 to have the black newspaper container removed from the corner of first and O street in front of "kearnys market" but nothing has come of it and thats been over a week ago I believe.
              Not sure if the police can do anything about it or not.
              This container is clearly garbage at this point, its been bashed in the front and is not used for anything but loitering and dealing.

              Chris

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Grogan, Brian (MPD)" <Brian.Grogan@...> wrote:

              > The Fifth District will analyze the area to determine if a Drug Free Zone can be obtained.
              >
              > Thank you for your concern and partnership with the Fifth District
              >
              > Brian Grogan
              > Captain
              > Fifth District, PSA 501
              > 1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast 20002
              > (202-698-0118 or Cell (202) 506-0694
              > brian.grogan@...
              >

              > "One City Summer Fun ... Something for Everyone"
              > Mayor Gray's comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
              > For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummer.dc.gov> or call 311
              >
              > ________________________________

            • jonathan.dorrough
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011
                Chris,

                thanks for taking the time to call this in. I'll follow up on it.
                Did you get a tracking number by chance when you reported this to 311? If so, if you could forward it to me, it may help.
                Either way, I'll check on it.

                Sergeant Jon Dorrough
                Metropolitan Police Department
                Washington, D.C.
                Fifth District

                --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "cknightdc" <cknightdc@...> wrote:

                > I have placed a request with 311 to have the black newspaper container removed from the corner of first and O street in front of "kearnys market" but nothing has come of it and thats been over a week ago I believe.
                > Not sure if the police can do anything about it or not.
                > This container is clearly garbage at this point, its been bashed in the front and is not used for anything but loitering and dealing.
                >
                > Chris
                >
                > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Grogan, Brian (MPD)" <Brian.Grogan@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The Fifth District will analyze the area to determine if a Drug Free Zone can be obtained.
                > >
                > > Thank you for your concern and partnership with the Fifth District
                > >
                > > Brian Grogan
                > > Captain
                > > Fifth District, PSA 501
                > > 1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast 20002
                > > (202-698-0118 or Cell (202) 506-0694
                > > brian.grogan@
                > >

                > > "One City Summer Fun ... Something for Everyone"
                > > Mayor Gray's comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
                > > For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummer.dc.gov> or call 311
                > >
                > > ________________________________

              • cknightdc
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2011
                  Sergeant Dorroughs,

                  Yes, I did get a number its 11-00220855
                  I hope you can work something out with this and have it removed. Thank you very much

                  Chris

                  --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan.dorrough" <Jonathan.Dorrough@...> wrote:

                  > Chris,
                  >
                  > thanks for taking the time to call this in. I'll follow up on it.
                  > Did you get a tracking number by chance when you reported this to 311? If so, if you could forward it to me, it may help.
                  > Either way, I'll check on it.
                  >
                  > Sergeant Jon Dorrough
                  > Metropolitan Police Department
                  > Washington, D.C.
                  > Fifth District
                  >
                  > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "cknightdc" <cknightdc@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have placed a request with 311 to have the black newspaper container removed from the corner of first and O street in front of "kearnys market" but nothing has come of it and thats been over a week ago I believe.
                  > > Not sure if the police can do anything about it or not.
                  > > This container is clearly garbage at this point, its been bashed in the front and is not used for anything but loitering and dealing.
                  > >
                  > > Chris
                  > >
                  > > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Grogan, Brian (MPD)" <Brian.Grogan@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > The Fifth District will analyze the area to determine if a Drug Free Zone can be obtained.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thank you for your concern and partnership with the Fifth District
                  > > >
                  > > > Brian Grogan
                  > > > Captain
                  > > > Fifth District, PSA 501
                  > > > 1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast 20002
                  > > > (202-698-0118 or Cell (202) 506-0694
                  > > > brian.grogan@
                  > > >

                  > > > "One City Summer Fun ... Something for Everyone"
                  > > > Mayor Gray's comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
                  > > > For more information visit www.onecitysummer.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummer.dc.gov> or call 311
                  > > >
                  > > > ________________________________

                • John Ayala
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 1, 2011

                    I will work on deploying some Guardian Angels back to First and O Street, NW.   The best way to get the bad guys to leave is for people from the area to organize become Guardian Angels or Orange Hats and start patrolling the area and posting on First  and O street.  People who perform criminal acts do not want to be in an area where neighbors or seen in the community trying to make a difference.

                    John Unique Ayala
                    DC Chapter Leader

                    Alliance of Guardian Angels
                    1425 K Street, NW Suite 350
                    Washington DC 20005
                    202-359-0601

                    Help us by donating
                    WWW.guardianangels.org/chapters/dc/wish-list

                    http://twitter.com/#!/ dcguardianangel

                  • jonathan.dorrough
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 4, 2011
                      I am passing on the below message for Mr. Dixon of SOME. I have been in contact with SOME management for almost two weeks now – an attempt to post this message was made then, but it never made it through.

                      I want to thank Mr. Dixon for reaching out to the community and myself to address the problems we've had in this area. I already see some real opportunities to take decisive steps to end the behaviors that have been plaguing the community. Posting 'No Trespassing' signs, for example, is a step in the right direction and helps MPD enforcement tremendously.

                      If you see anyone suspicious on SOME property after hours, please dial 911. Also, if you observe any disorderly or offensive behavior in the area, please dial 911. We can address these issues, but we cannot dispatch through the listserv, so please, dial 911.

                      Also, in reference to the newspaper container, I have been in touch with DDOT and the Washington Post and the Post has agreed to remove the container. So, hopefully that will be done soon. Thanks to Mark Bjorge at DDOT for assisting.

                      Sergeant Jon Dorrough
                      Metropolitan Police Department
                      Washington, D.C.
                      Fifth District

                      Dear neighbors:

                      SOME's management recently became aware of the postings on this e-list about "suspicious activity in the SOME parking lot near First and O Street." We had not received any prior notice of this activity. Based on the limited information in the postings, we believe the reported activity takes place after work hours. SOME's Main Buildings on O Street do not operate 24/7, and no SOME employees have observed such activity. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, if indirectly. We have contacted Sergeant Durrough and offered our cooperation. As you may have noticed this week, we are locking our rear gate, and we have posted No Trespassing signs.

                      If there are specific examples of possibly unlawful activities on SOME's property, we would appreciate your conveying them to the Sergeant and to Don Dixon, SOME's Dining Room Director/Community Liaison at ddixon@.... Please be specific about: days of the week, dates, times, precise location, activity observed, and description of persons observed. This information will assist us in responding appropriately.

                      SOME does not tolerate violent or criminal activity on any of its sites, and we have had very good working relationships with the police for many years. We look forward to resolving this matter promptly.

                      Don Dixon
                      Dining Room Director/Community Liaison
                      SOME (So Others Might Eat)
                      71 O Street NW
                      Washington, DC 20001
                    • crknightdc
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 5, 2011
                        Thank you. Is this the same person we should contact in regards to problems with their other property that is at the deadend of the unit block of Hanover St?

                        Robin

                        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan.dorrough" <Jonathan.Dorrough@...> wrote:

                        > I am passing on the below message for Mr. Dixon of SOME. I have been in contact with SOME management for almost two weeks now – an attempt to post this message was made then, but it never made it through.
                        >
                        > I want to thank Mr. Dixon for reaching out to the community and myself to address the problems we've had in this area. I already see some real opportunities to take decisive steps to end the behaviors that have been plaguing the community. Posting 'No Trespassing' signs, for example, is a step in the right direction and helps MPD enforcement tremendously.
                        >
                        > If you see anyone suspicious on SOME property after hours, please dial 911. Also, if you observe any disorderly or offensive behavior in the area, please dial 911. We can address these issues, but we cannot dispatch through the listserv, so please, dial 911.
                        >
                        > Also, in reference to the newspaper container, I have been in touch with DDOT and the Washington Post and the Post has agreed to remove the container. So, hopefully that will be done soon. Thanks to Mark Bjorge at DDOT for assisting.
                        >
                        > Sergeant Jon Dorrough
                        > Metropolitan Police Department
                        > Washington, D.C.
                        > Fifth District
                        >

                        > Dear neighbors:
                        >
                        > SOME's management recently became aware of the postings on this e-list about "suspicious activity in the SOME parking lot near First and O Street." We had not received any prior notice of this activity. Based on the limited information in the postings, we believe the reported activity takes place after work hours. SOME's Main Buildings on O Street do not operate 24/7, and no SOME employees have observed such activity. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, if indirectly. We have contacted Sergeant Durrough and offered our cooperation. As you may have noticed this week, we are locking our rear gate, and we have posted No Trespassing signs.
                        >
                        > If there are specific examples of possibly unlawful activities on SOME's property, we would appreciate your conveying them to the Sergeant and to Don Dixon, SOME's Dining Room Director/Community Liaison at ddixon@... Please be specific about: days of the week, dates, times, precise location, activity observed, and description of persons observed. This information will assist us in responding appropriately.
                        >
                        > SOME does not tolerate violent or criminal activity on any of its sites, and we have had very good working relationships with the police for many years. We look forward to resolving this matter promptly.
                        >
                        > Don Dixon
                        > Dining Room Director/Community Liaison
                        > SOME (So Others Might Eat)
                        > 71 O Street NW
                        > Washington, DC 20001

                      • norasmithnwdc
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 5, 2011
                          That is great; I have noticed the same thing time to time during the night. Is there any way you can also bring that big light tower back if at all possible. A lot of these guys hangout on the corner of first and O Street and drink/smoke/deal dope. I have walked by them a couple of times at just the other night one blew smoke at my face and they verbally harassed me; as a single woman I feel far from safe walking home at night. I don't see why I would need to catch a cab home because I'm afraid to walk around my own area at night. I did call the cops that night but they stated a call was already placed to that location. These thugs did not show up on the night out by the police a couple of days ago but showed up the very next day…
                          I really think something should be done with that store on the corner, perhaps someone talking with the manager to have them work with the community, maybe they put up a fence or something so people cannot sit along that wall there.

                          Nora W