Neighborhood Listservs?

  • Patrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
      I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

    • NewsDC1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
        In a message dated 3/31/06 12:29:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, arodeojock@... writes:

        I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

        You can find some of them by clicking on the underlined neighborhoods in the list on the right-hand side of The Common Denominator's Web site's main page at www.thecommondenominator.com.
        --Kathy Sinzinger

        Kathryn M. Sinzinger
        Editor & Publisher
        The Common Denominator
        3609 Georgia Avenue NW, Suite 100
        Washington, D.C. 20010-1634
        (202) 722-6397 (722-NEWS)
        Fax: (202) 722-6335
        NewsDC@... or news@...
        www.thecommondenominator.com
      • Kerri Sheehan
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
          Yes, Yahoo also has a Brookland listserv if you're in Brookland.  I'm not sure about other neighborhoods in 5D.

          Kerri

          Patrick Nelson <arodeojock@...> wrote:
          I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

        • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006

            Yes, Yahoo also has a Brookland listserv if you're in Brookland.  I'm not sure about other neighborhoods in 5D.

            Kerri

            Patrick Nelson <arodeojock@...> wrote:
            I know this isn't exactly a 5D police question, but I was wondering if there are listservs for the neighborhoods in our PSAs.

          • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006

              Good afternoon all,

              There are several Civic groups and ANC's that have listservs that can be accessed through Yahoo groups.

              Keep in eye out for several more listservs to be created in the upcoming weeks from Ward 5.

              Francine P. Edmonds

              Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

              Office of Neighborhood Services

              64 New York Avenue NE,

              Room 4100

              Washington, DC 20002

              (202) 671-0726

              (202) 671-0728 (Fax)

              francine.edmonds@...

              To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit www.src.dc.gov

            • kalston266@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                There is a Ward 5 Business Group as well.

                If interested in joining please email:

                Thanks!

                In a message dated 3/31/2006 2:27:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, francine.edmonds@... writes:

                Good afternoon all,

                There are several Civic groups and ANC's that have listservs that can be accessed through Yahoo groups.

                Keep in eye out for several more listservs to be created in the upcoming weeks from Ward 5.

              • TruxtonResident
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
                  Guess the rumors are true about DC Cops owning Mirrors and being able to close the lanes of NY Avenue whenever they want to.

                  The silence from MPD-5D says it all.

                  TruxtonResident <truxtonresident@...> wrote:
                  Why is it that the Mirrors nightclub on New York Avenue has the ability to block off entire lanes of traffic during rush hour to accomodate their parking?  This happens every week or so ... I drive home from work along New York Avenue and the block between Florida and !st St NW has the far rigth lane blocked off so they can use it for parking.

                  This happened yesterday afternoon (around 5:00 pm) again. Granted it's the westbound side of  New York Avenue ... but it's still a *very* busy traffic route getting to the 3rd Street tunnel. And we have enought trouble as it is when the lanes go down to 2 in front of Big Ben.

                  And there have been no notices/permits published along the route. What/who gives them the special privilege?

                • Greene, Jennifer (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
                    Mirrors is in the First District. Although several patrons park on New York Avenue, they are not parking in violation of any posted signs. Instead of accusing the 5D of not doing their job, it may be more useful for you to contact DDOT about posting signs restricting parking. Commander Greene

                    ________________________________

[...]

                    Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com>

                  • TruxtonResident
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
                      Commander Green,

                      I apologize if the tone of my second request accused you of not doing your job, but my initial request for information was ignored. A simple statement at that time that all of NY Avenue was in the First District would have been sufficient. Instead, the silence gave the perception (to myself and others on this listserv) that MPD did not want to respond to the request.

                      "Greene, Jennifer (MPD)" <jennifer.greene@...> wrote:
[...]

                    • Jordan, Brian (MPD)
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
                        Re: [MPD-5D] Mirrors nightclub blocking lanes off on NY Avenue

                        This listserv is consistently monitored by countless MPD officials and the information shared with the appropriate individuals.  The information provided regarding the Mirrors Nightclub was forwarded from the 5D listserv to the First District Commander. This issue is being currently evaluated by the First District.

                        Asst. Chief Brian K. Jordan--------------------------

                        Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>  to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

                        Law enforcement <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Law+enforcement&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=Police+department&c=2&s=44&.sig=gXc5qQZwZGwT6151axOoHQ>      Police department <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Police+department&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=Police+department&c=2&s=44&.sig=eAMeQaW6BJmUkirmpCj81A>