Mendelson's Public Safety Town Hall This Thursday

  • celeste.duffie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2011
      I invite you to my Public Safety Town Hall meeting July 28th at Mathews Memorial Baptist Church, 2616 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave, SE at 6:30 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss specific public safety issues that have an impact on your quality of life. Even as crime has gone down across the city, we still have significant challenges with youth crime, metro safety, transitional and group homes in neighborhoods, and quality services for returning citizens. My sense is that more needs to be done in these areas. In fact, it seems that there is a real disconnect between government services and what is happening at the grass roots level.

      Join me and representatives from the Metropolitan Police Department, US Attorney's Office, Attorney General, Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, and Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency to discuss these important issues. Please spread the word about this meeting to your neighbors, each of you can help us to reduce crime and improve the quality of life for all District residents. Refreshments will be served.

      --Phil Mendelson
      Councilmember