BKG Suggestions and MPD Feedback Thanks

  • David Gaines
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hey all,
      I just recently moved to 5D and just joined this list-serv. Though
      I have not encountered BKG, I know the antics. In Atlanta, there
      was always someone in need of a few dollars for gas money so he can
      continue his travels to Florida or something like that.

      Anyway, I have a few ideas:

      1. When he asks for money, say, "Oh poor baby! But guess what?
      You're in luck. My bestest friend in the world is a locksmith and
      will get you in your home for free. Let me call him," and dial
      911. I'm sure he'll be gone by time you come back to the door,
      considering, his key isn't broke.

      2. So maybe you can offer him the money and just to be sure he's
      not pulling a scam, offer him a ride to his place and speed like
      hell to the closest police station. Ok, maybe not; tht's kidnapping.

      3. Pretend like you're calling the locksmith for him with your
      camera phone and snap his photo. It may not be an Olan Mills photo,
      but we'll start posting his picture everywhere.

      4. Perhaps my ideas are bit extreme, but let's think outside the
      box. I really think the next person simply needs to say something
      like, "Oh I know you. We talked about you at the last police
      meeting. They're looking for you. Can I get your name?" Let him
      know he's not fooling anyone and the heat is just around the corner.

      ***

      I would like to say I'm impressed with the response from the MPD
      from some of the posts in this user forum. The number one method of
      lifting spirits, be it at work, in the family, relationships of any
      kind, etc. is to provide honest, direct and immediate feedback.
      Studies show when no feedback is given, the majority of the time the
      person looking for feedback will make up his or her own feedback and
      it's almost all the time negative. Go to the doctor, have some
      tests done and not get the results from the doctors in months. You
      will have already signed your will.

      So I reiterate the appreciation for the feedback from MPD on this
      Yahoo! Usergroup. I look forward to reading more positive posts and
      hope BKG finally makes it home - the slammer!

      David Gaines