Drug arrests made: MPD 5th District putting on the pressure

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2006
      03/28/06
      Community Update

      Members of the Fifth District Metropolitan Police Department hope to
      significantly open the lines of communication through this listserv
      with its residents, neighborhood block groups, watch groups, citizen
      patrol groups, and community activists, who work to make this area
      cleaner, safer and more inviting to live and to work.

      Below find the arrests made last week. They are putting on the
      pressure,

      03/25/06 (2) Two arrests for UCSA 21 Bates Street NW
      03/24/06 (1) One arrest for UCSA 11 Q Street NW
      03/24/06 (2) Two arrest for UCSA 10 N Street NE
      03/24/06 (1) One arrest for UCSA 1400 I Street NW
      03/18/06 (1) One arrest for UCSA unit block Q Street NW

      Three ways you can help NOW
      · Report crime. A five-minute delay in reporting crime reduces
      the chance of catching a criminal by 65 per cent. It is your duty as
      a citizen to report all crime.
      · Attend your PSA meetings. Become active in Partnerships for
      Problem Solving.
      · Volunteer to help your PSA Lieutenant. Actively participate
      in your PSA's problem-solving efforts by taking on assignments and
      completing them on time. Your PSA lieutenant can also use your help
      in organizing, marketing, and running the PSA community meetings and
      problem-solving activities.

      Lieutenants lead a team of officers, who patrol the various PSAs.
      To Call the Lieutenants' Office, Dial 698-0268

      Patrol Service Area 501
      Lt. Ronald Wright-ronald.wright@...
      Lt. Dean Welch– dean.welch@...

      Patrol Service Area 502
      Lt. Gregory Stroud- gregory.stroud@...

      Patrol Service Area 503
      Lt. Corinne Hughes- corrinne.hughes@...

      Patrol Service Area 504
      Lt. Judith Anderson- judith.anderson@...

      Patrol Service Area 505
      Lt. Anthony Medoro- anthony.medoro@...

      Don't know your PSA? Contact:
      5D Community Outreach Coordinator
      Fayette Vaughn-Lee- fayette.vaughn-lee@...

      5D Police Website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/info/districts/5th/main.shtm
      5D Map: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/info/districts/pdf/5Dmap.pdf
    • Caro Alcuaz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2006
        Hello,

        I'm glad to see that there are arrests although not happy that people do things to ge arrested.  Thank you MPD.

        May I ask what does UCSA means?

        Thank you

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jon Fenwick
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2006
          UCSA is the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.  So the arrests had something to do with controlled substances(possesion, intent to distribute, etc, etc ....).

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006

            I just walked my dog past 57 R Street NE at 8:10 this morning.

            It has about 15 U.S. Park Police officers in front of the house, some with big vests on and big M-16-like automatic rifles.  They didn't seem to be on alert or anything, but I am still wondering why they were all there.

            Can you provide us with some information MPD?

          • Scott, Melvin (MPD)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
              I attempted to obtain information from the US Park Police, apparently they were staging for a operation in the area.  I have no further information at this time.