Sr. Citizen: "I Won't Be a Victim!"

  • Yvonne Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
      Ms. Holmes (70 yr-old) called me to say that she received a call
      today at 1:56pm from a man, claiming to work for her bank, needing
      her bank account number. Ms. Holmes stated, "I may be old, but I'm
      no dummy." She is very aware of these kinds of scams and offered to
      meet the person at the bank, telling him, "I don't conduct business
      like this over the phone."

      I know by now that MOST of you are aware of the various scams by
      telephone and email. Be sure you alert senior citizens and other
      residents who may not understand that these kinds of scams exist.
      Together, we can "Take a Bite Out of Crime."

      For More information about protecting seniors from marketing scams,
      please visit: http://app.calendar.rrc.dc.gov/includes/stream.aspx?
      type=P&name=seniorsafety.pdf

      or the Identity Theft Prevention Page on the MPD Website:
      http://mpdc.dc.gov/info/consumer/idtheft.shtm

      Yvonne Smith
      Community Outreach Coordinator
      Metropolitan Police Department