RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Good to see MPD starting early on fireworks problem, too!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2011
      All:

      We have two officers working each shift through Tuesday who are focused exclusively on fireworks, and a three-person team of officers in plain clothes addressing illegal fireworks and firework stands.

      The best way to have them respond to any fireworks-related activity is not to email me or other MPD personnel but to call 911.  You are welcome to email any of us with your concerns about activity that is not currently in progress, but please utilize the appropriate method of contacting MPD to report onging activity.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
      Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
      For more information visit
      www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311