Re: [MPD-5D] Broken Key Guy! Possible solution!

  • sara kaufman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      Can any of MPD-5D suggest the proper buzz words or phrases to get the 311 or 911 dispatcher to take these calls seriously?
      For the times he's knocking and not threatening in addition to if he's more threatening  [although I hope  911 should takes threatening calls seriously]

      And what can we state so his actions [and frequency] can be logged in the systme as an ongoing problem/nuisance - since the address varies?

      Bloomingdale/Eckington had the "I need metro money" guy - who I think is different than the "broken key guy" so there might be more than one.

      thanks

      Sara
      1st and W NW

      On 2/28/06, Carleh J. Ward <c.j.ward@...> wrote:
      Well he strikes again and again! We heard someone knocking on the door at
      4:00 AM a couple of days ago and he was on the porch again tonight.

      I called 9-1-1 and it is the same song and dance, the dispatcher does not
      seem to be able to comprehend the police officers, for the neighborhood, are
      asking us to call, so they can arrest him. They also do not seem to
      understand we have "No trespassing" signs posted and I am willing to press
      charges. I am so glad I am out of the EMS system, as I would be pulling my
      hair out by now.

      So, friends and neighbors, I came up with a possible solution. I am going to
      post the following message on my front door for BKG.

      Feel free to copy, print and post it yourself. Maybe if he thinks the whole
      neighborhood is out to catch him, he will stop??? Wishful thinking, I know,
      but can you imagine the concern he might have if 100++ people post the same
      sign???

      Let me know what you think and if you are going to use it!!

      Here is the notice, of course I used color and underlining for the key
      points, feel free to adlib or decorate it anyway you want!!!

      Dear Broken Key Guy,

      Yeah we all know:

      "You broke your key and or lock and you need cold hard cash to pay the
      locksmith, because he won't take a check."

      For immediate assistance, please do one of the following:

      1.      STOP locking your doors!! It seems you are not smart enough to avoid
      breaking either the lock or the key. Destroying 10-15 doors or keys a week
      is crazy!

      2.      Get a J-O-B, and you will have the money to take of your problems
      instead of scamming the honest citizens in this neighborhood.

      3.      Take two steps back, smile, turn to the right, then to the left and
      then please face forward so our cameras can take accurate pictures of you
      for the MPD.

      YES, you are being filmed!

      Your description and method of operation have been reported to the MPD and
      it is only a matter of time before you are caught.

      Please help us out and turn yourself in to the MPD so we can get scum like
      you off the street!

      In case you have not figured it out yet, the entire Brookland neighborhood
      is onto your scam. We look out for each other around here, so I would be
      careful!!

      The police know who you are and are watching you!!

      In fact they may even see you right! MPD is watching our house, because you
      have tried us at least 3 times.

      Our ADT security system is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week and
      already has some great photos.

      To order yours today, please call 9-1-1 and ask for the first available
      police officer to show you package options, I am sure your mother would be
      so proud and would like an 8 x 10 glossy photo to hang over her mantle.

      Sincerely,
      This HOME OWNER

      If nothing else it will allow me to vent some of my frustration at the scum
      around here.

      Carleh
      RI and 12th

      Yahoo! Groups Links