Minivan

  • rmccoyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Has anyone else noticed a white Dodge/Ford minivan, DC plate CF 6234,
      trolling slowly after dark in Woodridge? It usually appears between
      the hours of 7:30 and 11:00 pm, though it may come around later and
      we're just not awake. It usually stops for 20-30 minutes in front of
      an abandoned property near 3030 Thayer (2 blocks south of Rhode Island
      Ave., near 24th St. NE), then leaves, and then circles back through
      the same route, sometimes quite slowly, numerous times. Tonight some
      prostitution activity increased at Rhode Island and Thayer right after
      the 2nd or 3rd pass through the neighborhood, at around 10:30 pm.

      Other than the possible connection to prostititution, the van itself
      is not really causing any problems that can be detected yet, but it
      seems suspicious, and we wouldn't want anyone, perhaps in the van, to
      be getting hurt. It was stopped for a significant amount of time
      during its first appearance on the street. The back of the van seems
      to have some ladders and work equipment, but isn't highly visible
      since there are no side windows in the back.