Save The Date: Met Branch Trail Safety Open House, Wed. June 22

  • Stephen Miller (Rails-to-Trails)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
      Had enough with crime on the Met Branch Trail?

      There are plenty of issues to address:

      *** 911 dispatching
      *** MPD response
      *** Volunteer patrols
      *** Lighting
      *** Safe behavior to reduce risk

      Join us on the evening of Wednesday, June 22 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM at the S Street pocket park on the trail, at 4th & S Streets NE.

      We've invited representatives from MPD, DDOT, and the surrounding neighborhoods to join us - and most importantly, we're inviting you to drop in!

      As we all continue to work to make the trail a safer place, let's use the opportunity to meet face-to-face on the trail, share effective strategies and make new allies.

      PS: After the open house, head down to NoMa's Summer Screen showing of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, just off the MBT at L and 2nd Streets NE. More info: http://www.nomabid.org/event-info/noma-summer-screen/

      PPS: Join Black Women Bike: DC for a ride of the Met Branch Trail a few days later, on Saturday, June 25! More info: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=226868380658025
    • Grogan, Brian (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2011
        Thank you for organizing the MBT event we will have 5th District PSA 501 reps there working with you on June 22nd
        Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

        If you SEE something, SAY something.