Re: [MPD-5D] FW: Arrest Made in Homicide in the 1400 block of New Jersey Avenue,NW_Isaiah Harris

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
      Thank you Alfonso. I want to ensure we have this suspect's name on the 5D Court Watch list. If found guilty, I encourage every neighbor on this listserv to write an anonymous Community Impact Statement to the judge to be considered at sentencing. It is stomach-churning to know that someone could decide to take the life of a fifteen year old child.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: Alfonso Cornish <alfonsocornish@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 19:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] FW: Arrest Made in Homicide in the 1400 block of New Jersey Avenue,NW_Isaiah Harris

      Kathy,

      Below is the Washington Post article about the arrest:

      Arrest in shooting death of District boy, 15

      D.C. police have arrested a suspect in the Tuesday night killing of a 15-year-old District teenager.
      Eugene Antoine Kelly, 26, of Northeast Washington, was arrested Wednesday evening and charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Isaiah Harris, police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said.
      Harris, the District’s youngest homicide victim of 2011, was shot in the 1400 block of New Jersey Avenue NW around 10:15 p.m. on May 31, police have said.
      Kelly was arrested by the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force, Crump said. It was not yet known whether Kelly would make an initial appeared in court Thursday.

      Regards,

      Alfonso N. Cornish II

      From: "Geovani A Bonilla" <gbonilla@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:44:34 +0000
      To: Metropolitan Police 5 Group<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Commander, this is fantastic. I'm sure the family is appreciative as is our community.

      Regards,

      Geovani
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      From: "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 12:39:00 -0400
      To: Fifth District (MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com)<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Please see this MPD press release about the arrest last night of a man for the shooting death of a 15 year old boy on Monday, May 30, 2011.

      Andy Solberg