MBT (Bike Trail) problems

  • Elizabeth Lyttleton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Apparently some kids tried to taser a bike rider on the MBT yesterday
      evening. The bike rider managed to avoid the kids, and thankfully MPD responded quickly.

      Unfortunately, the officers who responded told the bike rider that it would probably be best to avoid the MBT between NY Ave and RI Ave. Haven't we had this discussion before? Why are MPD officers telling people to avoid the MBT - it is completely counter-productive! The more people that use the trail, the more eyes will be on the trail, the less likely that kids will be able to attack people without getting caught!

      I'm extremely disappointed in the response from the MPD - the message the officers conveyed was "don't use the MBT, because it is a lawless zone. sorry, not our problem."

      I very much hope that the officers who responded will told that this is NOT an acceptable response. Indeed, I hope that there is further education about the trail for all of the officers in the area to avoid such a situation in the future.

      --
      Elizabeth