More thanks to MPD....

  • b_on_t
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2011
      Welcome to summertime in DC :)

      This evening, my wife noticed someone snooping around in our neighbor's backyard. As I called police, something startled the kid (couldn't have been more than 13 or 14 years old) and he swiftly left the backyard, then loitered around the 400-600 block of Franklin Street NE, hanging out at a nearby bus stop for a couple of seconds, then walking towards 6th street, then back to the bus stop, then towards 4th, hanging around on that corner for a minute or two and then continuing on towards Lincoln.

      I watched him whole time I was on the phone with 911 and was able to provide a description. I happened to see a marked cruiser just after getting off the phone with 911 and pointed the suspect out to the officer in that vehicle, who I believe made contact with the kid. Two other 5D units were right behind and I directed them to the spot the other unit was at. Thanks again for the quick response, MPD!

      Even if the police could do little more than tell the kid to stay out of trouble, I hope he at least got the message that people do pay attention what's going on on their block. SO keep yours eye open and call MPD if you see anything amiss. Give your block the reputation of one that's closely watched by the neighborhood.