disturbing encounter on unit block of Q St NW with officer

  • LStan LStan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2011
      Im hoping I wake up and this not be a reality that this is what our patrol
      officers are spending their time doing. I live on the unit block of Q St
      NW. My husband and I just walked outside and to the amzement, we both
      recieved a $20 ticket for parking more than 20 inches from the curb. Im not
      joking! Now I typically dont carry a tape measure with me when im parking,
      but i have a fantastic parking record and i wouldnt park too far off the
      curb if it werent for the lack of DC's street cleaning patrol to clean up
      the curbs in our neighborhood that contain glass from broken beer bottles.
      What is even more appauling is that when I approached the officer (I have badge #) and he seemed not to care and had a very negative attitude about the
      fact that what I had to say was important. What is more distubring is that
      myself and others on this block who continue to help the DC police and
      improve the community that for us to be treated like this by the very people
      that we are trying to help support is very appauling. Not to mention that
      we had a triple shooting a few weeks ago at 1st and Q St NW and the
      assailant is still on the run, therefore the fact the police would rather
      write silly tickets versus tracking potential crime assailants is very
      disheartening.