Assistance with Parking Enforcement

  • Geovani A Bonilla
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2011

      It is Sunday and once again the No Parking Any Time zones totally ignored along the unit block of P ST NW close to the intersection of First ST NW. The big deal is that Metro Access had to once again this morning block the north bound lane of First ST as it had no where to park due to cars being illegally parked and get a wheelchair resident out of the van in the middle of the street. This is not only unsafe but frustrating for those of us that live in this area.

      Your assistance with enforcement while patrolling this area would be appreciated.

      Geovani A. Bonilla

      Bates Area Civic Association

      Email: gbonilla@...

    • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
      Message 2 of 9 , May 29, 2011
        I have sent a fifth district officer there to address the parking

        If you SEE something, SAY something.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 29, 2011
          The tow truck has parked overnight once again 3000 blk Douglas St NE

          From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400
          To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Assistance with Parking Enforcement

          I have sent a fifth district officer there to address the parking

          If you SEE something, SAY something.

          It is Sunday and once again the No Parking Any Time zones totally ignored along the unit block of P ST NW close to the intersection of First ST NW. The big deal is that Metro Access had to once again this morning block the north bound lane of First ST as it had no where to park due to cars being illegally parked and get a wheelchair resident out of the van in the middle of the street. This is not only unsafe but frustrating for those of us that live in this area.

          Your assistance with enforcement while patrolling this area would be appreciated.

          Geovani A. Bonilla

          Bates Area Civic Association

          Email: gbonilla@...

        • Lt. Edward Bernat MPD
          Message 4 of 9 , May 29, 2011
            We will send a midnight unit by tonight to check on this and address it.

            Thank you,

            Lt. Edward R. Bernat

            Sent from my iPad

            From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>
            Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400

            Message 5 of 9 , May 29, 2011
              Thank you LT. Bernat

              From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>
              Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400

              Message 6 of 9 , May 30, 2011

                Lt. Bernart – thank you so much for your follow up. I apologize for not responding yesterday to Officer Krmenec’s question as to when this happens. This issue is worse on Saturday and Sunday’s during the morning and early evening.  So we truly appreciate your assistance.

                I am sorry to make this request, especially as I saw one of my neighbors from Q ST concerns over a $20 fine for parking too far from the curve. As we ask MPD for enforcement, we have to realize that enforcement applies to all of us. Some streets, such as the unit block of Q ST NW are very narrow and if vehicles do part to far from the curve, it does increase that likelihood of a driver taking out mirrors of parked vehicles.

                Thank you.

                Geovani A. Bonilla

                Washington, DC 20001

                From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>

                Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400

                Message 7 of 9 , May 30, 2011
                  I appreciate the concern to be politically correct on this, but the baking cookies and christmas cards are not what we are trying to achieve.  Our neighborhood is under seige.  We just had a triple shooting on Q Street and as neighbors within sight of that shooting clearly we see that MPD should have other big issues to tackle.  Any educated individual would not intentually park there car our far enough to have door ripped off!  The officers was clearly mad at someone in the area and was CLEARLY taking it out on everyone on the block.  The officer went down the entire block and wrote almost every single car a ticket.  In addition, we also recieved a ticket (that we will clearly be protesting of course) for our car being parked within 3" of another car.  How can we possibly control how close someone else parks to our car on the street?

                  Please be sure to know the facts before supporting some rediculous traffic fraction.  As we mentioned if the DC Gov't would use the tax dollars we pay to keep the curbs clean of broken beer bottles etc......

                  I understand and EXPECT to follow all rules that MPD deems nessessary, however ticketing a whole street for the same silly vilolation is not going to encourage the neigborhood to continue to help support MPD with intel and insight.

                  Thanks and have a great night!

                  From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>

                  Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 30, 2011
                    As a neighbour who also lives on Q, within site of the triple shooting, and who has had a shooting right in front of my house, I tend to agree with you.

                    Please do not get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for the job that 5D is doing in this neighbourhood, especially as I watch some of the posts that happen on this list serve - it takes a special kind of person to be able to handle such a difficult job with the level of professionalism I consistently see from the responding officers, for that I say thank you.

                    I am actually curious to know what caused onslaught of tickets by police officers on this street, as from my observation, the majority of the cars on this street are owned by the homeowners, who are working daily to improve the neighbourhood, not hinder it.

                    From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...>

                    Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400

                    --
                    Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
                  • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 31, 2011
                      Please email who wrote the tickets, this information is at the bottom of the ticket, we will look into this issue. Is the ticket computer generated? Also I work most Sunday mornings and if you email me or call my cell phone I will send someone to address the parking issues, not give everyone a ticket.

                      Lt. Corinne Hughes 202-615-6803 (cell)

                      ________________________________

                      From: "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...<mailto:corinne.hughes@...>>
                      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
                      Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:28:16 -0400
                      To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>>
                      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

                      I have sent a fifth district officer there to address the parking

                      Preventing terrorism is everybody's business.
                      If you SEE something, SAY something.
                      Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099<tel:%28202%29%20727-9099> or email at SAR@...<mailto:SAR@...> to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.

                      Email: <mailto:gbonilla@...> gbonilla@...<mailto:gbonilla@...>