Re: gun talk...chill out

  • tvehunt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
      Thank you very much Tobias Kienle, I totally agree with you about
      what you have just said. People who place their comments on this
      web site should not offend people by calling them outside of their
      names and criticize them just because their opinions maybe different
      from someone elses, people are entitle to their own opinion as you
      all know. One thing for sure that we all can agree upon here and
      that is to put an end to all of the crimminal activities that goes
      on daily in our neighborhoods in ward-5's hot spot areas.

      So let us stay focus on the subject instead of tearing each other
      down just because each individuals have their own opinion on how to
      protect themselves and their famlies (legally as I have mention
      before) against these street hoodlums. Let's face it, not only we
      are not safe by walking around in our neighborhood(s) day or night
      but, we are not safe by being inside of our own homes.

      Just my two cents of my own opinion. Peace.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Kienle <tfkienle@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure how this got started, but those who
      > choose to have guns, or are interested, have been
      > having a factual discussion about the laws. Please
      > leave your political opinion on the subject off this
      > list.
      >
      > First, no one has said to rely on guns INSTEAD of
      > doing all the other things like calling the police,
      > working on PPS's, etc. I believe it was mentioned as
      > an extra protective measure.
      >
      > Second, calling people "freaks" is far more
      > destructive to the listserve community than discussing
      > gun laws. And making ethnic stereotypes about
      > Southerners is wrong also.
      >
      > I think there's alot of jumping to conclusions because
      > emails are sometimes hard to interpret, especially in
      > areas like tone, sarcasm, emotion. But if you think
      > there was a serious advocacy of vigilante law in some
      > of those early messages, then you are overreacting.
      >
      > I'm personally offended by those of you who make
      > broadbrush attempts to stereotype responsible gun
      > owners. We need to get past such simplistic
      > categorizations, and stop trying to marginalize people
      > with comments like "where do you people come from?"
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > TK

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • zanzy75
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2006
        Talk about escalating things.....tfk i believe the direct quote from PDM's post was ....and i
        copy and paste here so there is no room for misinterpretation..."Where in the world are
        these people coming from????????" which if you read the original post....pdm's question
        was a little valid. Most certainly NOTHING to the effect that have misquoted as having
        stated... "where do you people come from?"

        There is a BIG difference between the two.

        Next time you want to use two different posts written by two different people please make
        note of which post you are either referring to or responding to and also, whom you are
        quoting (oh and don't forget to get the quote right).... it will strengthen your argument.

        ZB