Re: [MPD-5D] Attack on the Met Branch Trail

  • Monica McCollin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2011
      OMG.  This is way too much.  I always felt safe on my bike...
      Glad you got a lick in.  What time did this happen?

      On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM, ToddKeller36 <toddkeller36@...> wrote:

      Hey all,

      I had the unfortunate experience of being knocked off my bike Thursday, May 5th on my ride home by two cowardly teenage thugs on the Metropolitan Branch Trail. They took a few shots at me as I lie on the ground, but I got one punch into the groin of one of my new acquaintances. At that point they ran away as I gave chase (not sure what I was thinking there, just mad as hell). I filed a police report, and spent some time in the ER last night. Thanks to officer CD Johnson for his quick response.

      Again just a reminder to be aware of your surroundings and BE SAFE!

      TK

      --
      Monica McCollin, MS, CNS
      Clinical Herbalist & Licensed Nutritionist
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2011
        Me and my wife saw your interview and report on this on fox news earlier today. So sorry to hear about this and glad to hear you were able to fend them off and not be injured to serious. I have yet to ride my bike along the path but do ride a lot throughout the city. At some point I will be using that path and will be sure to report any suspicious activity I see along the trail as well as any place I notice it throughout DC.