gun talk...chill out

  • Tobias Kienle
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
      I'm not sure how this got started, but those who
      choose to have guns, or are interested, have been
      having a factual discussion about the laws. Please
      leave your political opinion on the subject off this
      list.

      First, no one has said to rely on guns INSTEAD of
      doing all the other things like calling the police,
      working on PPS's, etc. I believe it was mentioned as
      an extra protective measure.

      Second, calling people "freaks" is far more
      destructive to the listserve community than discussing
      gun laws. And making ethnic stereotypes about
      Southerners is wrong also.

      I think there's alot of jumping to conclusions because
      emails are sometimes hard to interpret, especially in
      areas like tone, sarcasm, emotion. But if you think
      there was a serious advocacy of vigilante law in some
      of those early messages, then you are overreacting.

      I'm personally offended by those of you who make
      broadbrush attempts to stereotype responsible gun
      owners. We need to get past such simplistic
      categorizations, and stop trying to marginalize people
      with comments like "where do you people come from?"

      Peace,

      TK

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • tvehunt
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
        Thank you very much Tobias Kienle, I totally agree with you about
        what you have just said. People who place their comments on this
        web site should not offend people by calling them outside of their
        names and criticize them just because their opinions maybe different
        from someone elses, people are entitle to their own opinion as you
        all know. One thing for sure that we all can agree upon here and
        that is to put an end to all of the crimminal activities that goes
        on daily in our neighborhoods in ward-5's hot spot areas.

        So let us stay focus on the subject instead of tearing each other
        down just because each individuals have their own opinion on how to
        protect themselves and their famlies (legally as I have mention
        before) against these street hoodlums. Let's face it, not only we
        are not safe by walking around in our neighborhood(s) day or night
        but, we are not safe by being inside of our own homes.

        Just my two cents of my own opinion. Peace.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Kienle <tfkienle@...> wrote:

        > I'm not sure how this got started, but those who
        > choose to have guns, or are interested, have been
        > having a factual discussion about the laws. Please
        > leave your political opinion on the subject off this
        > list.
        >
        > First, no one has said to rely on guns INSTEAD of
        > doing all the other things like calling the police,
        > working on PPS's, etc. I believe it was mentioned as
        > an extra protective measure.
        >
        > Second, calling people "freaks" is far more
        > destructive to the listserve community than discussing
        > gun laws. And making ethnic stereotypes about
        > Southerners is wrong also.
        >
        > I think there's alot of jumping to conclusions because
        > emails are sometimes hard to interpret, especially in
        > areas like tone, sarcasm, emotion. But if you think
        > there was a serious advocacy of vigilante law in some
        > of those early messages, then you are overreacting.
        >
        > I'm personally offended by those of you who make
        > broadbrush attempts to stereotype responsible gun
        > owners. We need to get past such simplistic
        > categorizations, and stop trying to marginalize people
        > with comments like "where do you people come from?"
        >
        > Peace,
        >
        > TK

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • zanzy75
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 27, 2006
          Talk about escalating things.....tfk i believe the direct quote from PDM's post was ....and i
          copy and paste here so there is no room for misinterpretation..."Where in the world are
          these people coming from????????" which if you read the original post....pdm's question
          was a little valid. Most certainly NOTHING to the effect that have misquoted as having
          stated... "where do you people come from?"

          There is a BIG difference between the two.

          Next time you want to use two different posts written by two different people please make
          note of which post you are either referring to or responding to and also, whom you are
          quoting (oh and don't forget to get the quote right).... it will strengthen your argument.

          ZB