Re: Public Safety on and Near Metro Rail and Bus

  • Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2011
      The community meeting being held to address the concerns of the Brookland subway station will be held in the PSA and coordinated with Lieutenant  and we will send the meeting information
      Sent from my Harry2010 iPad
      Building Stronger Communities Together

      On May 4, 2011, at 2:07 PM, "Khenderson029@..." <Khenderson029@...> wrote:

      PUBLIC SAFETY COMMUNITY MEETING

      <clip_image002.gif>

      DATE: MAY 7, 2011, TIME 11:00 AM. – 1:00 PM.; LOCATION: GALLAUDET UNIVERSITY ( 800 Florida Ave., NE ), FOSTER AUDITORIUM

      AGENDA:

      Last Wednesday a Brookland Neighbor Was Robbed at Gunpoint Near the Brookland Metro. This is not the first such incident and is unlikely to be the last. Unfortunately, Crime is Occurring with Greater Frequency on and around Metro Rail and on Metro Buses throughout the District of Columbia . Do You Feel Safe?

      What are Metro Police and MPD Doing to Address the Crime Increase? What Can Citizens do About Crime on and Near Metro Rail and Buses?

      INVITED GUESTS:

      Metro Police Chief Michael Taborn

      Police Chief Cathy Lanier

      WMATA Board Member and DC Councilmember Tommy Wells

      DC Councilmemember Harry Thomas Jr.

      Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10 and

      Kathy Henderson (202) 556-5823

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2011
        I am glad the issue of the Brookland armed robbery will be addressed in part at the next PSA meeting. The armed robbery incident underscores a much larger public safety problem. Crime on and around Metro rail and buses has increased throughout the city. Many are complaining that they do not feel safe while riding Metro or walking within close proximity to Metro. It is imperative that we address the problem from the standpoint of improving public safety at the Brookland Metro and throughout our city. The Brookland robbery is emblematic of a much larger public safety breach.

        Kathy Henderson

        From: "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <hthomas@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:57:02 -0400
        To: Khenderson029@...<Khenderson029@...>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>; bloomingdale@yahoogroups.com<bloomingdale@yahoogroups.com>; Eckington@yahoogroups.com<Eckington@yahoogroups.com>; ward5@yahoogroups.com<ward5@yahoogroups.com>; edgewooddc@yahoogroups.com<edgewooddc@yahoogroups.com>; trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com<trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com>; 5DCAC@yahoogroups.com<5DCAC@yahoogroups.com>; Lanier, Cathy (MPD)<cathy.lanier@...>; Groomes, Diane (MPD)<diane.groomes@...>; Solberg, Andrew (MPD)<andrew.solberg@...>; crm_112@...<crm_112@...>; Wells,Thomas (COUNCIL)<TWells@...>; Atchison, Myisha (COUNCIL)<MAtchison@...>; Chase, Ayawna (COUNCIL)<AChase@...>
        Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: Public Safety on and Near Metro Rail and Bus

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2011
          We will move forward with the meeting on Saturday May 7, 2011 to address the growing public safety problem on and around Metro. Councilmember Thomas may choose not to attend and instead may now attempt to coordinate a response; however, we are moving forward.

          Kathy Henderson

          From: "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <hthomas@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:57:02 -0400