Incident with a vehicle in the 2800 block of 5th Street NE today

  • b_on_t
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2011
      Sometime this morning, my wife and two other residents in the 2800 block of 5th Street NE witnessed a peculiar sight. A young man driving a red-colored Lexus pulled in and parked rather hastily on west wide of the street, with the tail end of the car basically out in the road.

      He exited the car and walked down to the intersection of 5th Street and Franklin and turned east. A few moments later he returned to the car, and proceeded to exit his parking spot rather poorly, hitting a parked car in the process. He then drove into one of the alleys across Franklin Street, on the Montana Avenue side.

      My wife called the police, but was on her way out the door for an appointment and couldn't stay to meet the responding officers. And apparently, one of the neighbors who witnessed the commotion with her was the one whose car got hit.

      I may not have all the details right (getting the story secondhand) but I was wondering if anything happened with the call. Just curious, thanks!
    • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2011

        Good Morning b_on_t,

        A unit responded and a report was taken.  If anyone has any additional information, please contact your PSA 501 Lieutenant Ronald Wright on 202 698-0261 or email him at ronald.wright@...

        The next PSA 501 Community meeting will be held on Wednesday May 18, 2011 @ the Edgewood Recreation Center located at Third & Evarts Streets NE @ 7pm.  PSA 501 Community please plan to attend; MPD officials will be on hand to discuss neighborhood issues and concerns.

        Fayette Vaughn-Lee

        5D Community Outreach Coordinator

        202 698-0188