drug dealing, breaking bottles, etc.

  • dan.williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
      What can be done about the crime (drug dealing, breaking bottles,
      etc.) being committed by those who do not live in the neighborhood?
      Numerous times the police have been called and they scatter the
      criminals only to have them come back a couple of hours later.

      16th Street NE.
    • Sonya Harway
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2006
        Dan-

        group/MPD-5D/message/1013> describing what can be done to combat these annoying
        and sometimes dangerous crimes. I thought her list was so good that I'm keeping it for the
        various neighborhood literature that I keep, but I added my two cents here: <http://
        groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D/message/1016>.

        We all need to remember that the police are there to protect and serve, but they cannot be
        everywhere at once. It is up to us citizens to take up where police must leave off. Do your
        part. The gentleman who runs the Woodridge Orange Hats told me recently that he always
        tells people who are unable to walk (for physical conditions or if they have young
        children), even if you can't walk and show your support that way, then pick up trash in
        your neighborhoods, sit on the front porch and have your blinds open, and know your
        neighbors. If we all look out for each other and show the drug dealers with MD plates that
        we know their faces and their license plate numbers, and that we will not stand for beer
        bottles in the street, they will eventually get the lesson. It's not quick, it's not easy, and it
        sure as hell is not gratifying to have to pick up someone else's trash, but we have to put in
        the effort or it will not change.

        -Sonya
        (10th and Douglas NE)

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "dan.williams" <dan.williams@...> wrote:

        > What can be done about the crime (drug dealing, breaking bottles,
        > etc.) being committed by those who do not live in the neighborhood?
        > Numerous times the police have been called and they scatter the
        > criminals only to have them come back a couple of hours later.
        >

        > 16th Street NE.

      • Medoro, Anthony (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
          What address on 16th Street?

          Lt. Medoro

          ________________________________

          What can be done about the crime (drug dealing, breaking bottles,
          etc.) being committed by those who do not live in the neighborhood?
          Numerous times the police have been called and they scatter the
          criminals only to have them come back a couple of hours later.

          16th Street NE.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • dan.williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2006
            It mostly occurs between Meigs Pl and Mt. Olivet Rd. The police have
            generally responded in a timely fashion to the neighbors complaints,
            however, the individuals always return 20-30 minutes later.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Medoro, Anthony \(MPD\)"