Re: [Brookland] Fireworks

  • Gigi Ransom
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 5:25 AM
      I rec'd the alert about this event and others pertaining to my SMDs alert from CO Missouri, Commander 4D, as with other alerts to pass on to the community and my SMD.

      CO Missouri email included a short thread that went through the Homeland Security office.  There were 2 different times for the start of the fireworks.   I contacted CUA's campus police office.  The person who answered the phone identified themselves as an officer, and confirmed the after 9pm for the fireworks.

      Even with difficulty pinning down exact time of fireworks, have rec'd emails from some of my residents who went to the event, and they enjoyed themselves.

      Hopefully HEMA can come up w/a better confirmation system prior to notifying MPD, who forwards to the community. HEMA also needs to find a way to directly notify ANCs and other identified community leaders re special events.

      Gigi Ransom