Re: [MPD-5D] Re: National Take Back Prescription Drugs program

  • Sabrina Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
      I truly appreciate these types of programs but the time is not good for a lot of working citizens.Sabrina Hill

      On 04/29/11, 5D Community Outreach Coordinator<Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@...> wrote:

      Yes, please bring all prescription drugs- either expired or not to any police station.

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee

      5D Community Outreach Coordinator

      DEA Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative

      Please plan to bring all unused and expired prescription drugs to your area police station on April 30, 2011, from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm.  MPD will be hosting the DEA Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative at 1D, 1D Substation, 2D, 3D, 3D Substation, 4D, 5D, 6D, and 7D.  Residents are encouraged to participate

      http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html

      "Each day, approximately, 2,500 teens use prescription drugs to get high for the first time according to the Partnership for a Drug Free America.  Studies show that a majority of abused prescription drugs are obtained from family and friends, including the home medicine cabinet."