RE: [MPD-5D] Gunshots near 3rd & Adams

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 28, 2011

      Thanks for your comments, Carrie.

      Andy Solberg

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of carrierlacy@...
      Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:28 PM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Gunshots near 3rd & Adams

      Dear Commander Solberg and Captain Grogan,

      Thank you for the increased presence after last night. I was relieved to see several officers posted at the intersection of 3rd Adams NE upon arriving home this evening. I truly appreciate all that MPD is doing to keep our community safe!

      Having previously worked as a probation officer here in DC, I know all too well how brazen these young men can be. I agree with Sally on Ascot Place NE that we need to take back our community, and it will take more than an increase in police presence. Hopefully we can discuss some strategies at the next PSA meeting or via the list serve. I'm willing to sit on the corner with several neighbors a few nights a week. I agree that we all need to work together to find a solution to this never-ending problem!

      Best regards stay safe!

      Carrie on RIA

      From: "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>

      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:15:54 -0400

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Cc: Chase, Ayawna (COUNCIL)<AChase@...>; Johnson, Nicole(Council)<njohnson@...>

      I would also like to tell the community that when these shots were fired, we had an officer in a marked police car sitting in the block at 3rd and Adams .  He chased one possible suspect but was unable to make an apprehension.

      You will see an invigorated police presence in this area as we address this situation.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D