Re: [MPD-5D] Armed Robbery

  • Tamara Robinson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
      The same thing happened to me in January.  When I reported the crime to MPD, they noted that armed robberies of Brookland Metro riders had been going on consistently, beginning around mid-December.

      Anyway, I want to commend MPD for their excellent initial response to my case, but their follow-up on the matter was virtually nil.  I even called the detective handling my case to report that my purse had been found..with the suspect's GLOVES and BELT inside!  It took him at least 10 days to return my call and I made arrangements for him to come pick it up, but he never did.  After that I just gave up.

      I've stopped riding Metro and have been driving to work ever since.  I agree that these types of crimes will probably only increase now that we're getting into summer.

      On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Patrick Tuffy <tuffy20017@...> wrote:

      This is probably of little consolation to you but walking to the metro this morning I noticed a blue shoulder bag which had obviously been rummaged through and discarded under the Michigan St overpass.  There was a book amongst the items.  I did not stop to take a closer look so I could not tell you the title.  Not sure whats left or if the bag was damaged but maybe you could get the library book back at least.

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 22, 2016

        5th District Community,

        On Saturday, October 22, 2016, at  6:50 PM members of the 5th District responded to an armed robbery in the 800 block of Florida Avenue NE.  The suspect entered the Ely Center on Gallaudet University and approached the Market Place cafeteria where he robbed the establishment.   Please be on the lookout for a suspect describe by the victims as a black male in his mid 20s, wearing black pants and grey shirt. The suspect was also wearing a black hoodie with white stripes.  If you have any home camera systems that view the area around the 800 block of Florida Avenue or West Virginia Avenue please review them for the previous advised lookout. Anyone with information pertaining to this case please contact the Fifth District at 2026980150.   CCN 16180021

        Lieutenant Peter Sheldon

        Metropolitan Police Department

        Fifth District

        1805 Bladensburg Road NE

        Washington, DC 20002

        202-202-1107 cell

        202-698-0268 office

        peter.sheldon@...

      • mckenneyarianahqa
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 22, 2016
          Thank you

          Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

[...]

        • Siegel, Scott (MPD)
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5

            5D Community,

            At approximately 0036 hours a victim was behind 2028 North Capitol Street, NW when they were approached by 2 individuals who displayed a black and silver handgun.  The victim was told to give the suspects his property.  The suspects are described as follows:

            S-1 is described as a black male, late 20's, wearing a red jacket, shoulder length dreads, a black beanie, and dark pants. S-1 brandished a silver and black handgun.

            S-2 is described as a black male, later 20's, with a thin build wearing a black hoodie and dark blue jeans.

            The suspects were last seen running through the south alley of the unit block of V St, NW.

            Anyone with information please contact the 5D Detectives office at 202-698-0168 or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099.

            Thank you,

            Lieutenant S. Siegel

            Metropolitan Police Department

            5th Patrol District

            1805 Bladensburg Rd, NE

            Washington, DC 2002

            Station:  202.698.0150

            Lt. Office: 202.698.0262/68

            “ If we’re all thinking the same, someone’s not thinking”

            -          General George S. Patton

            PUBLIC SAFETY SURVEY: Let us know about your experiences and opinions regarding public safety in Washington, DC. Take the 10-minute survey Here. #SaferStrongerDC