Burglary arrest

    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 6, 2011

      On Monday,, April 4, a little after 3 pm, 5D officers were dispatched to a burglar alarm in the 1900 block of 2nd ST., NW .  As officers went to the rear, a man riding a bike and carrying a book bag fled from the rear of the house.  Officers caught him hiding behind an air conditioner in a back yard in the 1900 block of 1st St., NW .  The bike had been stolen from the home where the alarm had sounded, and items in the book bag (and the book bag itself) had been taken from the house on 2nd St .  Entry had been made by smashing or kicking in a glass window in a basement level room.

      I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the quick response and great work of our officers in catching a burglar in the Bloomingdale community.  The man is 17 years old, and comes from the area near Minnesota Avenue and St St., SE.

      I would also like to take the opportunity to remind residents that if they see or hear anyone or anything unusual in your neighborhood, particularly in the rear of houses and in alleys, that they should call 911 immediately so that we can come and check this out.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

    • Debbie Steiner
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 27 5:35 PM
        Awesome!! Take them off the streets.

        On Feb 27, 2013, at 5:42 PM, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

        On Monday, February 25, 2013, members of the Fifth District warrant squad arrested a man in connection with three recent burglaries in the Fifth District.  An adult was arrested after a long investigation by 5D officers and detectives into a number of burglaries in the 1500 block of Hamlin, the 2000 block of Franklin and the 3400 block of 12th St., all NE addresses.

        The investigation is still ongoing in a number of other burglaries in the Fifth District.

        Andy Solberg

        Commander, 5D

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.